The Most Iconic Movie Couples of All Time
We remember some movies for their incredible endings and others for their to-die-for costumes. The following 15 films stick out in our mind for their unforgettable romantic leads. Read on and prepare to swoon.
15. Baby and Johnny (Dirty Dancing)
Like we’d ever put these two in a corner…
14. Adele and Emma (Blue Is the Warmest Color)
Think: Young love, with a whole bunch of twists.
13. Molly and Sam (Ghost)
Two words: Pottery scene.
12. Latika and Jamal (Slumdog Millionaire)
Movie suspense is only acceptable when the payout is as tear-jerking as this one.
11. Allie and Noah (The Notebook)
Confession: We watch Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams accepting the award for Best Kiss at the MTV Movie Awards at least once a year.
10. Sara and Derek (Save the Last Dance)
Yes, it’s a predictable teen movie, but you’ll be rooting for Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas the whole damn time.
9. Jack and Rose (Titanic)
We’ll let it slide that there was definitely room for both of them on the door.
8. Jack and Ennis (Brokeback Mountain)
We can’t quit this movie.
7. Ilsa and Rick (Casablanca)
Bogart and Bergman were the heart eyes emoji before the heart eyes emoji existed.
6. Jane and John (Mr. and Mrs. Smith)
R.I.P. Brangelina. Your on-screen chemistry was super hot.
5. Sally and Harry (When Harry Met Sally)
Honestly, we were thisclose to going with Marie and Jess.
4. Vada and Thomas J. (My Girl)
We’re not sobbing, you’re sobbing.
3. Vivian and Edward (Pretty Woman)
Not including these two would’ve been a big mistake…huge.
2. Sandy and Danny (Grease)
Do we love that Sandy totally changed herself for a guy? No. Can we recreate the entire “You’re the One That I Want” choreo from memory? Proudly.
1. Rhett and Scarlett (Gone with the Wind)
We think of their relationship as a sort of Kim-Kanye situation: They’re both kinda kooky, but it works.