From the threadbare sofa we nestled into for morning cartoons to the brocade drapes that lined our dining room, our decor carries nostalgia. Some style movements are cleverly reworked for our modern sensibilities (terrazzo), while others should stay comfortably in the past (carpeted bathrooms). To serve as inspiration for our next renovation—or Target run—we asked nine interior designers which bygone trends they’d love to invite back into their homes.
Meet the Experts:
- Katie Browning is a Pacific Palisades-based interior designer at Lucas Browning Designs.
- Nicole Hirsch is a Massachusetts-based interior designer at Nicole Hirsch Interiors.
- Karen Wolf is a New Jersey-based owner and interior designer at K+Co. Living.
- Brittney Ferguson is a Texas-based owner and lead designer at Brittney Ferguson Interiors.
- Melissa Trembly is a California-based founder and interior designer at Rincon Rd.
- Barbi Walters is a founder and interior designer at Lynden Lane Co.
- Angela Hamway is a Massachusetts-based founder and creative director at Mackenzie & Co.
- Stefanie Mullen is a California-based founder and interior designer at JJandStefanie.com.
- Nick Lewis is a Vancouver-based Interior Designer and YouTuber.