We don’t care how basic it is; pumpkin spice lattes are an absolute necessity for fall. And, if you’re anything like us, you’re on the hunt for the best pumpkin-scented candles that can replicate the drink’s signature aroma. Ahead, we’ve handpicked 20 of the best pumpkin-scented candles—from spiced chai fragrances that fill an entire room to vanilla blends that smell good enough to eat.
The 20 Best Pumpkin Candles That Smell Like *Peak* Fall
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
THE BEST PUMPKIN CANDLES, AT A GLANCE
- Best Overall: Nest Fragrances Pumpkin Chai Classic Candle
- Most Popular: Voluspa Spiced Pumpkin Latte Japonica Jar Candle
- Best Budget: Threshold Glass Pumpkin Woods Candle
- Most Splurge-Worthy: Hotel Collection Deluxe Spiced Pumpkin Candle
- Best Classic Scent: Linnea Harvest Pumpkin Candle
- Best Luxury: Archipelago Pumpkin Macchiato Candle
- Best Design: Anthropologie Pumpkin Ramekin Candle
- Most Unique: Anthropologie Artisan White Pumpkin & Acorn Candle
- Longest Lasting: WoodWick Autumn Harvest Trilogy Hourglass Candle
- Strongest Scent: Decocandles Pumpkin Chai Candle
- Best Mason Jar: Paddywax Relish Candle
- Best Allspice: P.F. Candle Co. Spiced Pumpkin Candle
- Best Woodsy: Threshold Pumpkin Woods Candle
- Best Botanical: Four Seasons Dried Pumpkin Cardamom Candle
- Best Cinnamon: La Jolie Muse Etty Scented Candle
- Best Nutmeg: Homesick Pumpkin Picking Candle
- Best Vanilla: Anthropologie Pumpkin & Vanilla Alexandra Candle
- Best Citrus: Capri Blue Pumpkin Clove Jar Candle
- Best for Gifting: Williams Sonoma Pumpkin Spice Guest Set
- Best Odor-Removing: Dianne's Custom Pumpkin Spice Candle
- Scent Notes: Wild pumpkin, spicy masala chai, cardamom, ginger and cinnamon
- Total Burn Time: 50-60 hours
Envision: a cozy fall afternoon snuggled up in your favorite cashmere blanket. That’s exactly what this candle’s blend of wild pumpkin, spicy masala chai, cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon fragrances conjures up, while its etched glass vessel lends an elegant touch to your coffee table. Plus, it’s made from a premium wax that lends a crisper scent and a longer burn time.
- Scent Notes: Kabocha pumpkin, vanilla marshmallow, coconut crema and cinnamon spiced brûlée
- Total Burn Time: 100 hours
With a blend of pumpkin, vanilla and spiced cinnamon notes, it makes sense why this candle has a 5-star rating with over 230 positive reviews. It comes in an ultra-chic (but also fire-safe!) embroidered glass jar that offers a boho twist on a seasonally appropriate vibe. Not to mention, it also has a 100-hour burn time, making it a candle you can rely on from Halloween all the way into New Years Eve and beyond.
- Scent Notes: Pumpkin, woodsy
- Total Burn Time: 20-30 hours
Coming in at $10 for the larger size (and $5 for the small), we love this budget-friendly candle for its festive, pumpkin-shaped glass vessel. That, and the fact that its woodsy pumpkin aroma is sweet, yet spicy, and won’t overpower your space.
- Scent Notes: Pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, almond, vanilla, clove
- Total Burn Time: 300 hours
If you’re looking to create a vibe that says, Thanksgiving at the Four Seasons, this candle’s sophisticated notes of cinnamon, nutmeg and (of course) pumpkin are “worth every penny,” according to one reviewer. Not only does its 55-ounce size offer a 300 (!!) hour burn time, but every fragrance from this collection is meticulously hand-crafted to mimic the scents from 5-star hotels around the world.
Best Classic Scent
- Scent Notes: Pumpkin, savory thyme, warm spice
- Total Burn Time: 60 hours
Aside from this candle’s understated design, we love how its scent was inspired by the smell of roasted pumpkins with browned butter and thyme. It’s basically fall captured in a candle, and its soy-wax construction offers 60 hours of clean burn time.
- Scent Notes: Crushed pumpkin seed, coconut milk, and cardamom
- Total Burn Time: 120 hours
Hand-poured with two natural wicks, this striking metallic candle is one of the most unique (and luxurious) options on this list. It features a sweet-subtle blend of crushed pumpkin seed, coconut milk and cardamom, and its 120-hour burn time ensures it’ll last all season.
- Scent Notes: cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, allspice, pumpkin and vanilla toffee.
- Total Burn Time: 15 hours
Perfect for anyone whose scent palette skews more towards gourmand, this candle’s mix of cinnamon bark, spicy clove and sweet vanilla smells like a pumpkin pie that’s fresh out of the oven. And of course, we can’t help but covet its pumpkin-shaped glass vessel, which features a neutral ceramic finish for a hint of glam.
- Scent Notes: Brown sugar, pumpkin, smoked acorn, golden allspice and gingered vanilla woods
- Total Burn Time: 23 hours
Speaking of harvest-inspired vessels, this candle comes in a unique, acorn-shaped jar that’s perfect for anyone who’s looking to take their fall decor to the next level. Aside from its festive presentation, it also features an original blend of brown sugar and pumpkin with smoked acorn, golden allspice, and gingered vanilla wood top notes.
- Scent Notes: Apple, pear, peach, lilac, jasmine, spiced blackberry, cinnamon, vanilla and buttery pumpkin
- Total Burn Time: 160 hours
With a wood wick construction that offers an impressive 160-hour burn time, this candle is guaranteed to last for months. It’s also perfect for anyone who’s looking for a more layered fragrance; featuring a pumpkin butter base, the scent is complemented by crisp apple top-notes, floral nuances of lilacs and jasmine and hints of spiced blackberry, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Scent Notes: Pumpkin, chai
- Total Burn Time: 35-40 hours
With a 4.5-star rating and over 4,249 reviews, we *had* to see why people are raving about this candle. As one reviewer writes, “What I like about this [candle] is the distinct chai spice scent that follows the dominant pumpkin one. It sets it apart from other Autumn candles—and the scent is not overbearing; it's very pleasant.” Another reviewer also adds: “It has a strong enough scent that my husband can even smell upstairs when it’s lit down in the kitchen. It fills the room up in no time.”
Best Mason Jar
- Scent Notes: spiced ginger, clove leaf, golden pear, mandarin, harvest pumpkin, patchouli, nutmeg, white cranberry, cinnamon bark, applewood, creamy vanilla and pumpkin vine
- Total Burn Time: 45 hours
Hand-crafted with upcycling in mind, this orange tinted mason jar features a soy-wax blend that can be cleanly removed after the candle is done (so you can repurpose it as a makeup brush holder or a desk planter). Plus, it features a sweet and spicy scent where its cinnamon, vanilla and creamy pumpkin base is offset by top notes of vine spiced ginger, nutmeg and clove leaf.
- Scent Notes: Nutmeg, pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Total Burn Time: 40-50 hours
Filled with sugar and spice (and an apothecary design that’s oh-so-nice), we love this candle’s contrast of allspice scents against its sweet, buttery pumpkin base. Plus, the vintage-inspired vessel is so trendy in the design world these days.
- Scent Notes: Woodsy, pumpkin
- Total Burn Time: 35 hours
With a woodsy spin on the classic pumpkin scent, we love how this three-wick candle replicates the ambiance of a pumpkin patch on a crisp fall Saturday. Light this baby up when you don’t want to leave the couch (or when you’re deep into another Netflix binge).
- Scent Notes: Almond milk, cardamom, cedarwood, cinnamon, nutmeg, sandalwood, turmeric and pumpkin puree
- Total Burn Time: 120 hours
Handcrafted with gently warmed almond milk and a puree of pumpkin, this spiced fragrance offers a rare botanical spin that’s hard to find anywhere else. To that end, Rosy Rings founder Shannon Cumberland uses flowers from her own garden in each of these hand-poured candles (so you know you’ll be getting a true floral scent).
- Scent Notes: Cinnamon, pumpkin, vanilla, amber, tobacco, pepper and bergamot
- Total Burn Time: 35-45 hours
This candle elevates the season’s signature cinnamon scent with a vanilla pumpkin base and top notes of pepper, tobacco and bergamot. It’s warm and rich—without being overly saccharine—and the candle’s vegan, cruelty- and paraben-free wax is biodegradable.
- Scent Notes: Pumpkin, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, clove, vanilla, tonka bean, sugar
- Total Burn Time: 60-80 hours
Inspired by vibrant leaves and the search for the perfect pumpkin, this candle smells like hot apple cider with a sprinkle of nutmeg. While its base fragrance features sweet vanilla and cinnamon clove accents, the top notes of pumpkin and nutmeg are hard to miss the second you light this baby up.
- Scent Notes: White pumpkin, sweet vanilla, toasted nutmeg and spiced cinnamon
- Total Burn Time: 75 hours
If you’re looking for the ultimate vanilla-pumpkin candle, this is your guy. Its scent is complimented by hints of toasted nutmeg and spiced cinnamon (so it’s sweet, but not overpowering) and don’t even get us started on how fabulous this ceramic floral vessel will look on your coffee table display.
- Scent Notes: Buttery pumpkin, orange zest, vanilla and cinnamon
- Total Burn Time: 70 hours
Perhaps you’re already familiar with Anthropologie’s signature scent. If you’re not, the subtle citrus fragrance is synonymous with all of Anthro’s stores—and this candle elevates the original with hints of orange zest and a creamy pumpkin base that makes it smell good enough to eat.
Best for Gifting
- Scent Notes: Pumpkin butter, brown sugar, creamy vanilla, toasted pecans and warm spices
- Total Burn Time: 25 hours
This limited edition set includes eight-ounce bottles of hand soap and hand lotion, plus a votive candle that would make the perfect gift for your next housewarming party.
Each item features the same signature scent, which was inspired by the sweet, spicy aroma of home-baked pumpkin bread. Think: a blend of fresh pumpkin butter and brown sugar with hints of creamy vanilla, toasted pecans and warm spices. Yum.
- Scent Notes: Chai, pumpkin, cinnamon leaf, clove and mixed spice
- Total Burn Time: 80 hours
Last but not least, another Amazon best-seller that’s racked up a 4.4 out of 5-star rating and over 11,004 reviews. Aside from its homey blend of pumpkin chai and cinnamon leaf, this candle is a customer fav for its proprietary odor eliminating technology. As one reviewer raves: “Our local skunk occasionally visits and the odor is picked up by our forced air heating unit and spread throughout the house. [I] tried the pumpkin spice candle, burned [it] for a couple of hours and [there’s] no lingering skunk scent; [it was totally replaced by] a light pleasant pumpkin spice scent.”
Want to know which buzzy products are *really* worth buying? Sign up for our shopping newsletter to uncover our favorite finds.