How many times can you make sheet-pan chicken and broccoli before you cancel your healthy-eating goals due to pure boredom? But whether you’re cooking with a roommate or an S.O., healthy dinners for two can be exciting, fun to make and, most important, delicious. Here are 15 new ideas.
15 Healthy Dinner Ideas for Two That Aren’t Boring
1. Oven-baked Chicken Kofta Wraps
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo and Whole30 approved, these lettuce wraps are nutritious in every sense of the word.
2. Restorative Miso Noodle Soup
You’re probably going to want to have this soup every night for dinner. We won’t tell if you slurp.
3. Salmon And Fennel Dinner Salad
Memorize! This! Recipe! It’s an elegant, impressive (and fast) dinner that requires only a quick trip to the store for top-notch ingredients that do all the work for you.
4. Vegan Sriracha ‘meatballs’ With Noodles And Grilled Vegetables
The meatballs are fake, the noodles are real. This gorgeous, slightly spicy dish just became one of our new weeknight favorites.
5. Kamut And Sour Cherry Meze
Eden Grinshpan intended this meze to be an appetizer, but it’s hearty enough to be the main course. Add some grilled chicken or veggies on the side if you want more protein.
6. Roasted Squash And Tofu With Soy, Honey, Chili And Ginger
Pressing the tofu for half an hour (Schitt’s Creek, anyone?) before baking helps it brown and gives the tofu an amazing texture. It takes a little extra time, but it’s worth it.
7. Sheet-pan Miso-glazed Fish With Broccoli And Coconut Rice
Yes, this is a sheet-pan meal, but there’s nothing lackluster about it. The fish is bursting with flavor, the greens are crisp and the rice (optional, if you’re low-carb) ties it all together.
8. Charred Sweet Potatoes With Pistachio-chili Pesto
Swap pasta night for sweet potato night with this pesto bowl that will wholly satisfy your craving for Italian.
9. One-pot Chicken Soup With White Beans And Kale
So healthy, with almost no dishes to do. This one-pot soup keeps dinner nutritious with greens, beans and tons of flavor.
10. Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed With Barley Risotto
These stuffed mushrooms seem too decadent to be healthy, but they totally are, thanks to whole-grain risotto and the power of portobellos.
11. Really Easy Healthy Orange Cauliflower
Orange chicken might not be the epitome of health food, but this vegan rendition uses veggies and only a little bit of sugar (use even less, if you want).
12. 30-minute Indian Pumpkin Butter Chickpeas
Chickpeas are an underrated main course, but just two cans of these cuties create the base for a protein-packed dinner for two.
13. 10-minute Healthy Cauliflower Fried Rice
You can whip up this healthier version of fried rice faster than you can get your favorite takeout delivered. A win-win dinner situation.
14. Dynamite Plant Power Sushi Bowls
Swap that sashimi platter for a homemade veg-packed bowl topped with soy and wasabi.
15. Rainbow Collard Wraps With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
Add some color to your night with these gorgeous veggie-packed wraps and a zippy dipping sauce. If you master the wrapping technique (it’s not too hard, promise), you can also use collards for all of your sandwiches.