Our interest in running an actual marathon? That’s debatable. But Nordstrom's Anniversary sale is a totally different story. It’s a shopping event that feels more like an epic marathon, spanning a full four weeks. And right now, one of our favorite summer must-haves is on sale for over $33 off. Yep, we’re talking about the jumbo size of the St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse. (BTW, early access to Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale began July 12 for Nordy Club Icons, July 14 for Nordy Club Ambassadors, July 16 for Nordy Club Influencers and July 28 for everyone else. If you're not already a Nordy Club cardmember, you can sign up now to automatically become the Influencer level.)
If you’ve ever applied (or, ya know, attempted to apply) self-tanner, you know it must be three things: streak-free, odor-free and not at all orange (seriously, there are no exceptions on the latter). St. Tropez’s classic mousse ticks all those boxes. It also goes on foamy and mousse-like, without turning into a messy liquid as soon as it touches your skin, and it also dries super quickly, so there’s minimal room for error. Plus, it doesn’t have that telltale self-tanner smell; instead, it’s infused with a sweet floral scent that you’ll actually want to slather all over your body.
While it can be applied with your hands, we suggest springing for St. Tropez’s handy Double Sided Applicator Mitt ($8) to keep your palms from winding up five shades darker than the rest of your body.
St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse counts Kim Kardashian, Emily Ratajkowski, Gigi Hadid and Alicia Vikander as fans, plus countless beauty editors and other self-tan pros (including the hundreds of happy customers who left five-star reviews on Ulta). And the fact this self-tanner is over 40 percent off for the jumbo size means we’ll be stocked up for the season and sparing our skin the UV damage that comes from baking in the actual sun. After a long winter spent indoors, our pasty skin is looking forward to doing some healthy bronzing.
OK, curious how to best apply your new self-tanner? Here are our tips for getting the best streak-free bronze:
- Step 1: Exfoliate your skin 24 hours prior to application to slough off dead skin and buff away dry patches for a smoother, more even application.
- Step 2: Just before use, moisturize any dry areas that are prone to discoloration, including elbows, knees, ankles, feet and even knuckles.
- Step 3: Apply a dollop of product to your applicator mitt and apply to the skin with long sweeping motions, starting at the ankles and working your way up. When you get to your back, turn the mitt around to the unused side and start applying in the same way. Once you’ve evenly coated your whole body, lightly glide any excess tanner from the mitt over the tops of your hands and feet.
- Step 4: Wait a few minutes until it’s completely dry before getting dressed.
- Step 5: Let your new tan develop for about four to eight hours before showering. Then revel in your new faux glow.