We've dabbled in taking your average slice of pizza and making it extraordinary. (Remember those pepperoni pizza rolls and Italian pinwheels? Yeah--us, too.) Add to that list our recipe for pizza muffins. Oh, and you only need five ingredients.
3 pounds pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
1½ cups marinara sauce, plus more for serving
1½ teaspoons dried oregano
1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Olive oil, as needed for finishing
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the cavities of a 12-cup muffin pan.
2. Divide the pizza dough into 12 even pieces. Use your hands and a lightly floured surface to pull each piece of dough into a ¼-inch-thick, 2-by-4-inch rectangle.
3. Working one at a time, spread 2 tablespoons marinara sauce on the surface of the dough. Sprinkle ⅛ teaspoon oregano over the surface and then sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese on top.
4. Starting at one of the longer sides, roll the dough into a spiral. Fold the spiral in half and place it in one of the prepared muffin cups (ends facing up).
5. Repeat with the remaining dough and fillings. Brush the surface of each muffin with the olive oil and then bake until the dough is golden and the cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Let the muffins cool slightly and then serve warm (or at room temperature) with a side of warm marinara sauce for dipping.