Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Have you ever tried to eat a slice of pizza at a party while standing and holding a drink in your other hand? It's the worst. And you're bound to get a glob of sauce on your shirt. The solution: our pepperoni pizza rolls recipe. It's all the goodness of pizza rolled up into a convenient finger food. Serve them at a party or make them for dinner--your call.
1 pound pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
¾ cup pizza sauce
1½ teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
8 ounces sliced pepperoni
8 ounces shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a ½-inch-thick rectangle (it should be about 17 inches long by 13 inches wide--but no need to reach those exact dimensions).
3. Spread the pizza sauce into an even layer over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle the oregano, garlic powder and red pepper flakes (if using) evenly over the sauce.
4. Arrange the pepperoni slices in an even layer over the sauce. Sprinkle the cheese in an even layer over the pepperoni.
5. Starting with the long side of the rectangle that’s nearest to you, roll the dough away from you into a tight spiral. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
6. When the dough is chilled, use a serrated knife to slice it into 12 even rolls (about 1½ inches wide). Transfer the rolls to the prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake until the rolls are golden and the filling is bubbly and melty, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.