Two things we’re all about: stupid-simple summer recipes that still manage to make our friends swoon when we bring them out at our alfresco fêtes…and frozen puff pastry. Luckily, these items happen to go hand in hand, as exemplified by the upside-down pastry that took over food TikTok. Our version features a blackberry-brie combination that’s a little bit sweet, a touch savory and as easy to devour as it is to assemble. We highly recommend serving them on the patio with a Hugo spritz for the full effect.
All-purpose flour, as needed for dusting
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
Honey, as needed
½ cup blackberries, halved
4 ounces Brie, sliced ⅛ inch thick
Egg wash, as needed
Chopped fresh tarragon and flaky salt, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry just so it’s large enough to slice into 8 equal rectangles. (No need to be too precise when slicing.)
3. On the prepared baking sheet, drizzle 8 small puddles of honey (about 2 teaspoons each). Top each with some of the blackberries, followed by a slice of Brie.
4. Arrange a piece of puff pastry on top of each pile, pressing down so the sides cover the cheese and berries. Brush with egg wash.
5. Bake until the pastries are deeply golden brown and puffed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet before flipping over with a spatula and transferring to a serving platter or plate. Garnish with chopped fresh tarragon and flaky salt before serving.