- Sarah “Fergie” Ferguson recently visited the 92nd Street Y (aka 92NY) to promote her new book, A Most Intriguing Lady. The Duchess of York sat down with moderator Samantha Barry and candidly discussed what it’s like being a grandmother.
- The duchess revealed that the royal family calls Princess Beatrice’s daughter “Sisi.”
- Ferguson also made a special appearance on The Kelly Clarkson Show and recalled the time she and Princess Diana dressed up as police officers and got arrested before tying the knot with Prince Andrew in 1986.
Royal News Roundup: Sarah Ferguson Reveals Granddaughter’s Sweet Nickname, Kate Middleton Stuns in a Navy Blue Ensemble & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of March 17, 2023.
- In celebration of Prince Edward’s 59th birthday, King Charles gifted his younger brother with the royal title of the Duke of Edinburgh, which previously belonged to their late father, Prince Philip.
- In light of the recent change, Prince Edward’s son, James Viscount Severn, 15, will now become the Earl of Wessex.
- Updates have been made to the official royal family website to reflect the new titles in the current British line of succession.
- Following Charlie Mackesy and Matthew Freud's win for their animated film The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse at the 95th annual Academy Awards, King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla congratulated their pair on Twitter.
- Kate Middleton rocked an elegant monochromatic ensemble to attend her first Commonwealth Day as the newly proclaimed Princess of Wales.
Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
- Princess Catherine looked absolutely stunning in a jacquard peplum jacket embroidered with a white pattern, along with a matching flared midi skirt (both from Erdem).
- The princess accessorized the look with blue Gianvito Rossi suede pumps, Emmy London clutch, blue gloves and a large sunhat.
- On the same day, the Princess of Wales and the Queen Consort narrowly avoided a major fashion mishap when a strong gust of wind almost made their hats fall off.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Adam Sandler Gets His Jab at Jennifer Aniston After She Jokingly Dissed Him at ‘Murder Mystery 2’ Premiere
This 106-Year-Old Woman Just Became the Oldest 'Vogue' Cover Model Ever
Jennifer Coolidge Referenced Her Iconic ‘White Lotus’ Character at GLAAD Awards: ‘Here I Am Again, Surrounded by Gays’
Kaley Cuoco Welcomes Baby Girl and Gives Us Our First Glimpse at Her Bundle of Joy
King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla Share Personal Message of Thanks Following State Visit to Germany
Drew Barrymore Experiences ‘First Perimenopause Hot Flash’ During a Live Interview—See Her Reaction