The hardest part about cleaning is making the time for it, right? Wrong. We’re here to share the gospel of one-minute cleaning. With 60 seconds or less, you can knock off any of these 31 seemingly daunting tasks below. Trust: You’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish in just a few days' time. (Or 31 minutes, for all you overachievers.)
31 Little Ways to Clean Your Home in 1 Minute or Less
1. Hang up a coat
While you’re at it, straighten up the coat pegs.
2. Read unopened mail
Then promptly chuck it.
3. Tidy up the foyer
Line boots in a row and sweep dirt out the door.
4. Shake out your welcome mat
'Cause you know that dirt will get tracked back inside.
5. Wipe down the bathroom mirror
Congealed toothpaste is not aesthetically pleasing.
6. Scrub the toilet bowl
Toilet brushes are your friends.
7. Empty out your purse
junk Or maybe your coat pockets.
8. Pick off dead plant leaves
9. Rub out fingerprint marks on appliances
The fatal flaw of stainless steel.
10. Swap in fresh dish towels
Bonus points: drape them, Joanna Gaines-style, over the sink.
11. Wash the coffeepot
It’s about damn time.
12. Switch out bath towels
They’re definitely starting to smell like mildew.
13. Empty the lint trap
One less thing to worry about next time you load the dryer.
14. Lint-roll your lampshades
Begone, dust bunnies!
15. Refold a messy drawer of clothing
Paging Marie Kondo.
16. Fluff your pillows
We’re big fans of the karate chop trick.
17. Fold up throw blankets
And place the stack somewhere neat and tidy.
18. Polish doorknobs
And they’ll look like new.
19. Dust a ceiling fan
Trust: The pillowcase solution works every time.
20. Clean your silverware tray
We’ll honestly never understand why it gets so grimy.
21. Dump out toaster crumbs
Crumb apocalypse in there? Try cleaning out with a pastry brush.
22. Wipe grease off your stove knobs
Admit it: Yours are disgusting AF.
23. Line the bottom of the stove with aluminum foil
No more messy, smoky spills.
24. Wipe down your surfaces
Spritz, spritz, swoosh.
25. Gather cups and plates from around the house
Seriously, what’s with men leaving water glasses everywhere?
26. Unload the dishwasher
And pop in anything waiting patiently in the sink.
27. Consolidate your kitchen essentials
You don’t need two half-empty Ziploc bag boxes.
28. Do a quick sweep of the fridge
Toss anything old-looking or expired.
29. Clean light switches with a disinfecting wipe
Sayonara, smudgy fingerprints.
30. ...Now your remote controls
Fun fact: They’re filthy.
31. Make the bed
It’s all about building better habits!