31 Little Ways to Clean Your Home in One Minute or Less
The hardest part about cleaning is making the time for it, right? Wrong. We’re here to share the gospel of one-minute cleaning. With 60 seconds or less, you can knock off any of these 31 seemingly daunting tasks below. Trust: You’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish in just a few days' time. (Or 31 minutes, for all you overachievers.)
1. Hang up a coat. While you’re at it, straighten up the coat pegs.
2. Read unopened mail. Then promptly chuck it.
3. Tidy up the foyer. Line boots in a row and sweep dirt out the door.
4. Shake out your welcome mat. 'Cause you know that dirt will get tracked back inside.
5. Wipe down the bathroom mirror. Congealed toothpaste is not aesthetically pleasing.
6. Scrub the toilet bowl. Toilet brushes are your friends.
7. Empty out your purse junk. Or maybe your coat pockets.
8. Pick off dead plant leaves. Instant pick-me-up.
9. Rub out fingerprint marks on appliances. The fatal flaw of stainless steel.
10. Swap in fresh dish towels. Bonus points: drape them, Joanna Gaines-style, over the sink.
11. Wash the coffeepot. It’s about damn time.
12. Switch out bath towels. They’re definitely starting to smell like mildew.
13. Empty the lint trap. One less thing to worry about next time you load the dryer.
14. Lint-roll your lampshades. Begone, dust bunnies!
15. Refold a messy drawer of clothing. Paging Marie Kondo.
20. Clean your silverware tray. We’ll honestly never understand why it gets so grimy.
21. Dump out toaster crumbs. Crumb apocalypse in there? Try cleaning out with a pastry brush.
22. Wipe grease off your stove knobs. Admit it: Yours are disgusting AF.
23. Line the bottom of the stove with aluminum foil. No more messy, smoky spills.
24. Wipe down your surfaces. Spritz, spritz, swoosh.
25. Gather cups and plates from around the house. Seriously, what’s with men leaving water glasses everywhere?
26. Unload the dishwasher. And pop in anything waiting patiently in the sink.
27. Consolidate your kitchen essentials. You don’t need two half-empty Ziploc bag boxes.
28. Do a quick sweep of the fridge. Toss anything old-looking or expired.
29. Clean light switches with a disinfecting wipe. Sayonara, smudgy fingerprints.
30. ...Now your remote controls. Fun fact: They’re filthy.
31. Make the bed. It’s all about building better habits!