Let’s be real: Breakfast cereal, especially a one Cinnamon Toast Crunch, is delightful. It’s also, unfortunately, not so great for you. That’s why we were so psyched to discover that a certain legume can, when prepared correctly, taste reeeally similar to the sugary treat. The veg in question: honey roasted chickpeas. For the perfect recipe, you'll need one can of chickpeas, one tablespoon of olive oil, one tablespoon of honey and, of course, a healthy sprinkling of cinnamon. Now, here's the scoop.
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
Then, dry them on a paper towel.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
While you're waiting, top a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Spread the chickpeas on the baking sheet.
Make sure they're spread in a single layer.
4. Bake for 45 minutes.
Or until crispy.
5. Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, honey and cinnamon to taste.
Do this while they're still warm!
6. Spread back onto the baking sheet and cook for another 10 minutes or so until caramelized.
The result? A crispy, golden bowl of goodness that you don’t have to feel bad about eating in its entirety. Magic.