17 Easy Christmas Desserts You Can Make in 45 Minutes or Less
Holiday hosting is tough enough. (Did you make the eggnog? Is the turkey in the oven? What about the apps? For the love of Santa, what about the apps?) Luckily, making dessert doesn’t have to be a chore. Here are 17 easy treats you can whip up in 45 minutes or less.
1. Matcha White-Chocolate Bark with Berries and Coconut (25 Minutes)
One way to dress up a simple Christmas bark? Add matcha powder. It will look fancy and festive.
2. Cake Batter Dip (5 Minutes)
Five minutes isn’t enough time to bake a cake, but it’s plenty of time to mix up cake batter dip—with sprinkles, of course.
3. Sarah Copeland’s Chocolate Chip Cookie for Modern Times (45 Minutes)
Cookbook author Sarah Copeland calls this an “easy, all-about-the-chocolate chocolate chip cookie,” and we couldn’t agree more. Plus, a batch of 36 is done in just 45 minutes.
6. Champagne Marshmallow Treats (10 Minutes)
Adult Rice Krispie treats? They involve Champagne, and we’re here for it. (Thanks for making our holiday dreams come true, Liz Harris.)
7. Glazed Blueberry Cake (40 Minutes)
Plenty of pantry ingredients go into this blueberry-topped yellow cake that’s out of the oven in 40 minutes flat.
8. Gingerbread Cookies (35 Minutes)
This classic Christmas dessert is ready faster than you’d think. (Although you might want to add a little extra time for the fun part, decorating.)
9. Sweet Potato Sugar Cookies with Marshmallow Topping (30 Minutes)
We all know a sweet potato is more of a dessert than a vegetable, which is why it makes a fabulous, egg-free base for these marshmallow-topped cookies.
10. Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug (7 Minutes)
Who can resist a warm mug with a gooey cookie inside? Definitely not the chef. Thanks to your microwave, this dessert is ready to eat in seven minutes flat.
11. QUICK + EASY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE PARFAITS (30 MINUTES)
When all else fails, dump chocolate chips, peanut butter, cream cheese and oatmeal cookies into parfait glasses. Dessert = done.
12. Rocky Road Cookies (30 Minutes)
Got a chocoholic in your midst? Serve up these rocky road cookies complete with mini marshmallows and chopped pecans.
14. COOKIES-AND-CREAM SHORTBREAD COOKIES (40 MINUTES)
Ready to win the cookie exchange? These are like Oreos, but a million billion times better.
16. Thumbprint Cheesecake Cookies (30 Minutes)
Jam? Yawn. Cheesecake filling is how we’re rolling this year.
17. Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Dip (5 Minutes)
Who are we kidding? We really only make cookies so we can lick the bowl. This dip is cream cheese–based and ultra-delicious without that risky raw eggs business.