We don’t know about you, but recently we’ve been trying our hand at recreating several of Disney’s favorite theme park recipes. Next on our list? This newly-released recipe for “Totchos.”
We know what you’re thinking: “What in the world are Totchos?” Well, they’re pretty much like nachos, only the ingredients include potato barrels (aka tater tots) coated with beef and bean chili, gooey queso sauce and crunchy corn chips, finished with sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions. The recipe comes courtesy of the Disney Parks Blog, which says it’s a popular dish served at Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The dish serves six and is super simple to recreate at home. Here’s how to make it.
Chili with Beans
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon coarse salt
Black pepper, to taste
Ground cayenne, to taste
2 cups jar cheese sauce
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with chilies
1 (2 pounds) bag frozen potato barrels
1 1/2 cups corn chips
Chili with Beans
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
For Chili with Beans:
1. Brown ground beef in a 5-6 quart Dutch oven over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain off excess grease.
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until onion is translucent.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder, and cumin. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt.
4. Add black pepper and cayenne, as needed.
5. Keep warm until ready to serve.
For Queso Sauce:
1. Place cheese sauce and diced tomatoes with chilies in small saucepan. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, until warm.
2. Keep warm until ready to serve.
1. Cook potato barrels according to package instructions.
2. Divide potato barrels into 6 bowls. Place 1/4 cup each of corn chips, chili with beans, and queso sauce on top of each bowl of potato barrels.
3. Top each bowl with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 teaspoon green onions.
Might we recommend pairing them with the park's famous grilled cheese?