Disney already took us on a one-way trip to ice cream heaven with its famous Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake recipe. To our sweet luck, we’re heading back there again with the Disney Parks Blog’s newest release, the legendary Kitchen Sink from Disney’s Beach Club Resort. And it looks like we’re going to need an army to finish it.
The sundae is a signature dessert from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop, a charming boardwalk-inspired eatery with a retro ambiance, ice cream-cone tables and a menu loaded with American comfort food. We’d love to tackle this monster in sunny Florida, but our kitchens will have to do for now.
Before you hit the freezer, brace yourself. The recipe calls for 23 toppings (yes, you read that correctly) and five different ice creams, but you can really let your sweet tooth (and the ingredients you actually have) lead the way.
Read on for the full recipe.
- ½ cup fudge topping, warmed
- ½ cup butterscotch topping, warmed
- ½ cup peanut butter topping, warmed
- 1 medium banana, sliced into 1/2–inch slices
- 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 ¼-inch), quartered
- 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 ½-inch), quartered
- 2 4-ounce scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 4-ounce scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 4-ounce scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 4-ounce scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 4-ounce scoop coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup marshmallow crème
- ¼ cup strawberry topping
- ¼ cup pineapple topping
- 1 14-ounce can dairy whipped topping
- 1 brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
- 1 regular-sized (2-ounce) candy bar, quartered
- 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon chocolate cookies with cream filling, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices (approximately 2 large slices)
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- ½ cup drained maraschino cherries
Step One: Get a big bowl. Like, the biggest bowl you own.
Step Two: Assemble ice cream and toppings to your liking. Our preference? Building a base from the bulky toppings, like cookies and brownies, and ice cream, then adding on the smaller bits like cherries, whipped cream and sprinkles.
Step Three: Devour.