The 18 Most Amazing Doughnuts in NYC, Ranked
Does your favorite make the list?
Go on a doughnut crawl and discover the best glazed, cream-filled and jelly delights in New York City. Here are the 18 best doughnuts, in our humble opinion. Ready, set, eat.
18. HO-DDUK (KOREAN DOUGHNUTS) FROM GRACE STREET
Cinnamon + walnuts + melted brown sugar = heaven.
17 W. 32nd St. (at Fifth Ave.); bygracestreet.com
17. APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT FROM CARPE DONUT
Not too sweet, not too dry, perfect with cider.
Food truck; 917-509-5119 or carpedonutnyc.com
16. GLAZED FROM GREGORYS COFFEE
And if you want to get really crazy, try the whole-wheat glazed.
Locations throughout Manhattan; 212-661-1722 or gregoryscoffee.com
16. JELLY FROM 7TH AVENUE DONUTS LUNCHEONETTE
So worth the trek to Park Slope. It has real food, too, but definitely start with dessert.
324 Seventh Ave. (at Ninth St.), Brooklyn; 718-768-0748 or 7thavenuedonutsanddiner.com
15. EVERYTHING BAGEL CREAM CHEESE DOUGHNUT FROM FLEX MUSSELS
Guys, there’s this new thing called savory doughnuts, and they’re incredible.
Locations in the West Village and on the Upper East Side; 212-229-0222 or flexmussels.com
13. PURPLE PIG FROM DOUGHNUTTERY
This bite-sized treat is made with maple, purple potatoes and bacon--but hear us out: It’s fantastic.
425 W. 15th St. (at Tenth Ave.); 212-633-4359 or doughnuttery.com
12. PISTACHIO FROM BALTHAZAR BOULANGERIE
Crunchy, sweet and unique.
80 Spring St. (at Crosby St.); 212-965-1785 or balthazarbakery.com
11. JELLY POM-POM FROM MIKE’S DONUTS
Oozing with deliciousness. (Get extra napkins.)
6822 Fifth Ave. (at Bay Ridge Ave.), Brooklyn; 718-745-6980
10. BLACK-RASPBERRY FILLED CHOCOLATE AT ORWASHER’S BAKERY
It?s so decadent, you might want to cut this guy in half.
308 E. 78th St. (at Second Ave.); 212-288-6569 or orwasherbakery.com
9. RICE KRISPY TREAT CAKE DOUGHNUT FROM QUEENS COMFORT
Doughnuts for breakfast? Totally allowed.
40-09 30th Ave. (at Steinway St.); 718-728-2350 or queenscomfort.com
8. BUTTER PECAN FROM PIES ’N’ THIGHS
Come for the fried chicken, stay for the doughnuts.
Locations in Williamsburg and on the Lower East Side; 347-529-6090 or piesnthighs.com
7. HALVA FROM UNDERWEST DONUTS
A glazed cake doughnut topped with tahini and halva (Middle Eastern sesame paste) and served in a West Side Highway Car Wash? Don’t mind if we do.
638 W. 47th St. (at 11th Ave.); 212-317-2359 or underwestdonuts.com
6. GLAZED PINEAPPLE FROM DUN-WELL DOUGHNUTS
Oh, and they’re vegan. Yep. You heard us.
222 Montrose Ave. (at Bushwick Ave.), Brooklyn; 347-294-0871 or dunwelldoughnuts.com
5. VANILLA BOMBOLONI AT SULLIVAN STREET BAKERY
This filled doughnut dusted with confectioners’ sugar will transport you to Italy.
533 W. 47th St. (at 11th Ave.); 212-265-5580 or sullivanstreetbakery.com
4. MAPLE BACON BAR FROM THE DOUGHNUT PROJECT
Looking for a traditional doughnut? Sorry, you won’t find it here. This crazy combo of salty and sweet is not for the faint of heart.
10 Morton St. (at Bleecker St.); 212-691-5000 or thedoughnutproject.com
3. HIBISCUS FROM DOUGH
A work of art on a plate, complete with an edible flower.
Locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn; 212-243-6844 or doughdoughnuts.com
2. COCONUT FROM PETER PAN DONUT & PASTRY SHOP
We’re deeply considering moving to Greenpoint just for this little guy.
727 Manhattan Ave. (at Norman Ave.), Brooklyn; 718-389-3676 or peterpan-donuts.com
1. CRÈME BRÛLÉE FROM DOUGHNUT PLANT
One of the best things about New York City--up there with the Empire State Building and Beyoncé.
Locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens; 929-373-4997 or doughnutplant.com