We feel you, it's a long summer. And besides the cool new hobbies and educational toys, every kid needs some excuse to play in the hose. Or games for the pool. Or both. So here are the funnest cool-down sprayers, floats and water tables on the market today. Because ultimately, don't you want to be remembered as the cool mom with the seven-foot spurting dinosaur on her lawn? Pro tip: Since many toys are inflatable, save your lungs and get an air pump.
The 21 Best Water Toys for Kids (Because All That Energy Needs a Soaking)
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
2. Rainbow Beach Ball (12 Months And Up)
This 20-inch ball is filled with sequins, because kids appreciate something shiny in the sun.
Buy It ($30; $20)
3. Diving Gem Pool Toy 16 Colorful Diamond Set With Two Treasure Box (6 Years And Up)
We're getting a couple sets of these to have on hand for when the kids' friends come over, so that they can leave with a little souvenir...as long as they're willing to dive for the gems.
Buy It ($30)
4. Ariel Dive Chest Play Set – The Little Mermaid (3 Years And Up)
Playing hide and seek in the sand is fun with gems, coins and something called a dinglehopper (aka fork).
Buy It ($20)
8. Costzon Inflatable Bounce House, Castle Jumping Bouncer With Water Slide (3 To 5 Years)
This castle comes with its own blower, so it's fast and easy to inflate—and it has a hose that creates a water slide to splash down into a kiddle pool. (Bonus: It's even a fun bounce-and-slide experience when you don't have water running.)
9. Water Sports Pool And Beach Toys Swim Thru Rings (8 Years And Up)
Three collapsible 30-inch rings float under the water and turn your pool into a fun obstacle course.
Buy It ($24)
10. Vepower Water Guns For Kids, 2 Pack (4 To 8 Years)
It holds a lot of water (900 cc) and has a powerful stream that shoots up to 35 feet. So by all means, watch out when you're walking across the yard. (We're buying a set to let the tweens work out disagreements among themselves, aka a water duel at five paces.)
$29 at Amazon
11. Teamson Kids Inflatable Sprinkler Pirate Boat (2 Years And Up)
The littlest tykes don't need a pool to have fun in a ship—this blow-up vessel is made for playing on dry land, with a built-in sprinkler up front.
Buy It ($103; $90)
13. Turnmeon 4 In 1 Set Giant 36'' Inflatable Pool Basketball Hoop With 3 Balls (6 Years And Up)
It's hoops with something extra—the hole your ball rolls out of determines how many points you get for your shot. Since the water will be swirling the hoop around, players are going to be surprised by how much luck comes into play.
14. Gymax Plastic Round Sand And Water Table (3 Years And Up)
The rotating windmill feature really brings the splashing, which, let's be honest, is what water tables are all about.
Buy It ($158; $71)
15. Wallabout Inflatable Floating Water Toys (10 Years And Up)
Suitable for strong swimmers of elementary school age and above, this four-piece set has players balance on two inflatable logs, while bopping each other with even more inflatable logs. So if you've ever wanted to be a suburban logger in a PVC jungle, you're in luck.
Buy It ($58)
16. Sapphire 2 Pack Slip And Slide Water Slide With Bodyboards (4 Years And Up)
Set these two water slides next to one another, and with more than 19 feet of runway, you can really have some heated aquatic sport.
Buy It ($74)
17. Gosports Splash Pass Floating Pool Football (8 Years And Up)
With four miniature footballs and a little pump to keep them inflated, this game lets kids keep passing from across the pool. (As they get older, an extra challenge will be to tread water while passing the ball.)
Buy It ($40)
18. Buitenspeel Toys Flower Giant Water Toy (2 To 6 Years)
Those little tendrils on the flower? They twist in wild, tickly ways as water jets work their way out, so expect lots of squeals from the kids.
19. Hearthsong Volleyball Sprinkler Inflatable (5 Years And Up)
We appreciate how this inflatable, low-profile volleyball setup is just the right height to challenge elementary school kids as well as adults.
Buy It ($60)