14 Things to Say When You’re at a Party and It’s Awkward
Start the conversation
Some parties are great. Other parties make you want to face-plant into the cheese dip and not come up till it’s 2016. The next time you’re confronted with the latter, pull one of these 14 conversation starters out of your pocket and prepare to learn a lot about the person sitting next to you.
1. The Washington Post just deemed sloths the new kittens? Do you agree?
2. If you were running for president, and had to pick a running mate from the people at this party, who would it be and why?
3. What’s your favorite emoji and why?
4. Gwen Stefani is dating Blake Shelton. Discuss.
5. Humans can distinguish between at least a trillion smells. What is the greatest and worst thing you have ever smelled?
6. If you could do any job in the entire world for one week--but at the end of that week you could never do it again--what job would you try?
7. What’s your most terrifying recurring dream?
8. Do you think Jennifer Lawrence purposefully falls on the red carpet to make herself seem more relatable?
9. If you could invite five people, living or dead, to dinner, who would you invite and what would you cook?
10. Would you tell a complete stranger on the street that her skirt was tucked into her underwear?
11. Not to bring up the death penalty, but if you were going to the electric chair, what would you want as your last meal?
12. What’s the worst holiday gift you’ve ever received?
13. If you could be on the cover of any magazine, which would you choose?
14. What are your thoughts on Starbucks’ holiday cups? Haha, just kidding. Let’s talk about literally anything else.