20 Easy Dinners You Can Make with Bulgur
There are no shortage of ancient grains to add to your pantry, but if you haven’t tried bulgur wheat, now’s the time. Bulgur is a high-fiber, quick-cooking grain hailing from Middle Eastern cuisine that has serious versatility in the kitchen. You can toss it in a salad, serve it under fish, and even mix it into meatballs. Try it for yourself with these 20 easy dinners you can make with bulgur.
1. Bulgur with Roasted Butternut Squash, Sage and Goat Cheese
Monday to Friday calls for easy dinners that taste delicious. If you need inspo, try this roasted butternut squash and goat cheese bulgur dish.
2. Armenian Bulgur, Parsley and Tomato Salad
Coterie member Liz Harris shares her Armenian heritage with this bulgur-based salad with tomatoes, fresh parsley and bell peppers.
3. Cumin Grilled Barramundi with Harissa Spiced Hummus and Tabbouleh
Bulgur makes the perfect base for the tabbouleh in this grilled fish dinner. Plus, we’re all about the harissa-spiced hummus.
5. Cauliflower Bulgur Wheat Casserole with Honey Chicken and Peaches
We’re seriously impressed with how much is happening in this casserole: chicken, bulgur, cauliflower, peaches and more.
6. Instant Pot Pumpkin Walnut Chili
Talk about easy. Toss bulgur and red lentils as the base of this chili into your Instant Pot and soup is ready in 30 minutes.
7. Spinach and Tomato Bulgur Salad
This bulgur-based salad has only five ingredients, making it the ideal weeknight dinner.
8. Spring Tabbouleh with Harissa and Grilled Halloumi
The best part of this Middle Eastern salad with bulgur, grilled halloumi cheese and harissa spice? You can make it hours ahead of time.
9. Turkey Kibeh with Cucumber Salad and Mint Yogurt Sauce
Meet kibeh, a Middle-Eastern croquette that combines bulgur with ground meat and a refreshing mint-yogurt sauce.
11. Lemony Turkey Kofta on Bulgur with Herb Drizzle
Serve turkey kofta over bulgur instead of rice for a low-cal swap.
12. Moroccan Salad with Cilantro Orange Dressing
Pistachios, dates and oranges? We’re so on board with this bulgur salad full of Moroccan flavors.
13. Avocado Tabbouleh
Sometimes, it’s best just to keep it simple. Try this Lebanese tabbouleh topped with avocado and served in lettuce cups for an easy dinner.
14. Toasted Coconut, Bulgur, and Butternut Squash Bowl
Forget quinoa. Now it’s all about bulgur wheat bowls.
16. Sweet and Sour Chicken with Grilled Fruits and Herbed Bulgur
The secret sauce? Pomegranate molasses.
17. Sage-Barley Risotto with Butternut Squash
No rice? No problem. Try bulgur in your risotto for a lower calorie alternative to arborio rice.
18. Brussels Sprouts Tuna Salad with Bulgur Wheat
Add some oomph to your tuna salad by tossing in brussels sprouts and bulgur wheat.
19. Tomato, Zucchini and Bulgur Salad
This grain salad keeps so well that you can make extra as meal prep for the week’s lunches.