Disney must be reading our mind because they somehow knew we were on the hunt for a new dessert recipe. And as weird as this one looks (and sounds), it's now next up on our list of sweet treats to try at home.
Disney Parks Blog recently released the instructions (accompanied by a very helpful video) to make their oddly-named Grey Stuff, a pudding-like dish typically served at the Beauty and the Beast-themed restaurants in their parks. If you’re like us, you might be wondering what this “grey stuff” has to do with the beloved Disney film. Well, if we revisit the lyrics to the popular song “Be Our Guest,” Lumiere references the dish when he sings the line, “Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious. Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes.” Aaaand it all makes sense now.
Read on for the full dessert recipe.
1 1/2 cups cold whole milk
1 (3.4 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding mix
15 chocolate sandwich cookies
1 (8 ounces) container whipped topping, thawed
3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
12 scalloped sugar cookies
Edible sugar pearls
1. Pour milk into a large mixing bowl. Add instant vanilla pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes until smooth and slightly thickened. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm.
2. Place chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor and pulse until puréed.
3. Fold puréed cookies into pudding mix. Stir until fully mixed.
4. Add whipped topping and instant chocolate pudding. Stir until fully mixed.
5. Place in refrigerator and chill for one hour.
6. Spoon grey stuff into a piping bag fitted with the desired tip. Pipe grey stuff onto cookies. Top with sugar pearls.
In the words of Lumiere: “It’s delicious!” Well, we'll be the judge of that.