So, you kicked off a backyard dinner with The Cheesecake Factory’s warm crab and artichoke dip as an appetizer. It was an instant hit, but what about the main course? We’ve got just the thing. Here’s how to make The Cheesecake Factory’s Cajun jambalaya pasta. P.S.: If dessert’s still up in the air, check out their online library of recipes for ideas. (Pineapple cheesecake popsicles sound like an easy win to us.)
- 2 fluid ounces olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons Cajun spice blend, separated
- 4 ounces red, yellow and green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces red onions, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon blanched garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Roma tomatoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound linguini pasta
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Step 1: Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Place the chicken into a clean mixing bowl. Sprinkle the Cajun spice over the chicken and into the bowl. Gently toss the chicken until each piece is evenly coated with the spice.
Step 2: Add the chicken into the sauté pan and cook until it is about half done. Add the peppers, onions and shrimp into the pan. Cook until the shrimp are about half done (they'll only be partially pink). Add the garlic into the pan. Season all of the ingredients with kosher salt, ground black pepper and the reserved 2 teaspoons of the Cajun spice.
Step 3: Add the diced tomatoes and chicken-seafood broth into the sauté pan. Gently stir the ingredients together. Continue to cook until the chicken and shrimp are done and the vegetables are tender.
Step 4: Drop the pasta into boiling salted water and cook until al dente.
Step 5: Place the pasta into serving bowls. Spoon the jambalaya over the pasta. Garnish with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.