24 Fall Pajama Sets for Women That Will Get You Into the Autumnal Spirit
There are few things better than finishing a long day and putting on a pair of comfy pajamas (or, let’s be real, in this age of working from home, never changing out of them in the first place). While your current pj’s might consist of an oversized concert T-shirt and some baggy sweats (guilty as charged), fall is the perfect time to upgrade your sleepwear with one of the best pajama sets for women. These little beauties will not only provide you with head-to-toe comfort, they’ll afford you with a coordinated look that’s stylish enough to get the mail—or at the very least, take a Zoom call without anyone noticing that you basically just rolled out of bed—as long as you select the right ones.
Comfort is obviously essential while shopping for pajamas, since you’ll be spending many hours sleeping soundly in them. In addition, the fabric you choose to wear can contribute to the quality of your zzz’s. We’ve broken down a few of the most popular types below.
Best Pajama Fabric
- Cotton: Cotton is lightweight, breathable and easy to wash, which is why there’s no shortage of cotton pajamas. This material does have its downsides, however: It doesn’t insulate well and also absorbs moisture. That means that while cotton can be a great year-round option for many people, if you’re either a very cold or hot sleeper, you might want to look at other options.
- Flannel: Flannel is thicker, fuzzier and warmer than cotton, so on those chillier nights, you’ll want to reach for a pair of these pajamas. Despite its warming properties, flannel is still a breathable fabric, so you’ll stay warm—but not too warm.
- Silk/Satin: Silk or satin can be a higher-maintenance fabric (e.g., you may have to be more careful in washing it), but it’s incredibly soft on the skin and also a great body temperature regulator—particularly when it comes to silk. The downside? Since they have that sheen that makes it look ultra-luxurious, these fabrics tend to be slippery fabric and can shift around—especially if you tend to move a lot in your sleep.
- Bamboo: Bamboo or bamboo hybrid materials are derived from plants and help to regulate body temperature, since they're naturally moisture-wicking. This makes it a great option for people who tend to sleep hot or sweat at night. It’s also hypoallergenic.
- Modal: Modal is a super-soft fabric that is considered more sustainable than cotton, since it’s made from beech trees, which require next to no water to grow. It’s also 50 percent more absorbent than cotton.
- Rayon: While rayon has a soft feel (much like silk), it’s less environmentally friendly than other options, as harsh chemicals are used to make it, and less durable, too, as it weakens with water.
Where to Buy Pajamas
Beyond fabric, pajama sets come in all different styles, so you’ll have your pick of those with collars and buttons versus pullovers or tank tops in loose or slim-fit styles—just to name a few. While it will largely be up to the wearer to decide if they’re the long sleeved/pants or short sleeved/shorts type (or even somewhere in between), we’ve got 24 recommendations for where to buy top-quality sets that will keep you cozy and chic, whether you’re sleeping, napping or simply lounging around the house, from Nordstrom and Amazon to J. Crew.
1. Parachute Waffle Pajama Set
Best waffle pajama set for women
Here’s some good news: The bedding brand you’ve seen all over Instagram also makes some top-of-the-line pajamas. This set, for instance, is made in Turkey from a lightweight, 100 percent cotton waffle-knit material, comes in two neutral colors and has ribbed cuffs to keep them firmly in place as you snooze. “I gifted one each to my son and daughter-in-law for Christmas .... they haven’t taken them off yet,” joked one happy buyer.
2. Eberjey Gisele Classic Pajama Set
Best classic pajama set for women
If it’s good enough for Oprah, consider it good enough for us! This two-piece set, which has been featured in the media mogul’s “Oprah's Favorite Things” list in the past, is timeless and buttery soft—aka everything you need in your go-to everyday sleepwear. They’re also machine washable—no shrinking or creasing here!—just note that they do run on the larger side, so you may want to size down if you’re petite.
3. Just Love Women's Thermal Underwear Pajama Set
Best women’s thermal pajamas
Warm but not bulky, this thermal pajama set is made with a poly-cotton blend that can handle any chilly temperatures in your home. The pants have a tapered leg, so you can wear it alone or layer it under your clothes if you really want to dial up the heat. When you’re through wearing it, simply throw it in the wash.
4. SKIMS Rib Pajamas
Best modal pajama set for women
Maybe you can’t keep up with the Kardashians, but you can certainly lounge like them! These SKIMS pajamas are made with a soft and stretchy ribbed modal material (plus a touch of stretchy spandex), have an elastic waist for comfort and even a little chest pocket on the shirt.
5. ZESICA Shorts Pullover Pajama Set
Best women’s short pajamas
For anyone who loves to wear shorts but also likes to stay warm, this combo of a long-sleeved top and drawstring bottoms will be the best of both worlds. Made with a soft waffle-knit rayon material, it also has a nice, relaxed fit, so you won’t feel too constrained while you doze.
6. Eberjey Gisele Short-Sleeve Pajama Set for Women
Best soft pajama set for women
If you don’t like long sleeves or find that you end up dragging them across every surface in the house, short sleeves are the way to go. This pajama set is made with the same extra-soft modal fabric as the long-sleeve set above and has similar stylish piping on both the top and the matching long pants.
7. PajamaGram Flannel Pajama Set
Best flannel pajama set for women
There are few things that feel as comforting on a chilly night as a fuzzy flannel set, making this one a welcome addition to your closet. It’s got an elastic waist for lounge lovers and a relaxed fit that will flatter many body shapes. While it comes in other prints, we're heavily partial to the sloths.
9. J Crew Poplin Pajama Set
Best poplin pajama set for women
The top of this lightweight cotton poplin pick looks like your favorite button-up shirt—except you can sleep in this one and not feel bad about it. The set, which also comes with a matching pair of long pants, features a cute floral print and is made with sustainable, washable material, too.
10. Floerns Palm Leaf Pajama Set
Best button-up pajama set for women
This set of pj’s will have you in vacation mode in the dead of autumn—even if that vacation is just at home in your own bed. It comes with a short-sleeve collared button-down shirt and matching shorts, and you can choose from mostly cotton or polyester materials to best suit your fabric preference.
11. Nordstrom Moonlight Pajama Set
Best printed pajamas for women
Have a little fun with your bedtime routine by wearing a wild print, like this one, which is chic enough for daytime, but cozy enough to drift off in. Nordstrom customers are obsessed with this set’s soft modal and spandex blend, which has just the right amount of structure and give.
12. Ekouaer Satin Pajama Set
Best satin pajama set for women
If you’re a hot sleeper, long, warm pants simply won’t do—even in the fall. For something a little different, try this two-piece, which includes a satiny smooth camisole top and tie-waist shorts. It’s 100 percent silk satin (silk has cooling properties), making for a great minimal outfit for anyone who is always cranking up the A/C in their bedroom.
13. BP. Sleepy Head Pajama Set
Best jersey pajama set for women
It’s a non-negotiable that a set of pajamas be soft, and these jersey jammies more than deliver. The button top is short-sleeve and drapey, and the pants have a drawstring waist. The fun prints, like this one that kind of looks like a cotton candy sky, are merely an added bonus.
14. Amazon Essentials Short and T-Shirt Sleep Set
Best T-shirt pajama set for women
A good T-shirt is hard to beat in terms of comfort and versatility, so it makes sense that you’d want to sleep in one, too. This sleep set comes with a 100 percent cotton short-sleeve shirt and also includes a pair of midweight flannel shorts for the perfect fall snoozing situation.
15. Madewell Waffle-Knit Union Suit Pajama Onesie
Best onesie pajama for women
Just because you’ve outgrown your childhood bed doesn’t mean you have to outgrow your childhood pajamas. This waffle-knit onesie is a grown-up version of the comfy ones you wore as a kid, but now with pockets and no footies. It’s made of lightweight, sustainable cotton material, has a button front and feels like a big soft hug, according to shoppers.
17. LONXU Silk Satin Pajamas
Best luxe pajama set for women
Glide in and out of your bed with a pair of smooth, satin pajamas that look so luxe, you won’t feel guilty hanging out in them for extended periods. You’ll love the soft, cool feeling of the fabric on your skin as well the extra touch of glam.
18. Ekouaer Long-Sleeve Pajama Set
Best matching pajama set for women
If you’ve been mixing and matching your old college sweats for bedtime, switch it up with this pair of soft, matching pajamas, which will be infinitely cuter. The long-sleeve top is easy to toss on, and the pants have comfy pockets.
20. Real Essentials Short and Long Sleeve Top with Pants Set
Best lightweight pajama set for women
If you run hot but like to keep your arms and legs covered, it can be hard to find pajamas that won’t cause you to overheat at night. This set is made with a thin, soft polyester/spandex blend that will be breathable enough to do just that.
21. Ekouaer Striped Sleepwear Set
Best two-piece pajama set for women
Want to keep your limbs nice and unrestricted? Look no further than this casual short set with elastic waisted shorts. With an adorable chest pocket and a roomy, relaxed fit, you’ll look—and feel—great, even on your drowsiest mornings.
22. PJ Salvage Love Camo Pajama Set
Best long-sleeve pajama set for women
Wear your heart on your sleeve … and your legs … and your chest with a fun love-print pattern. Not only do these long-sleeved ‘jams look adorbs, they’ll also keep you nice and cozy courtesy of their polyester and elastane material, whether you’re sleeping or binging TV.
23. SheIn 7-Piece Pajama Set
Best pretty pajama set for women
There are a lot of options when it comes to pj’s—short or long sleeve, shorts or pants, solids or prints … Instead of making it an either/or decision, make it an one and done with this seven-piece satin collection that comes complete with a camisole, a button-up long-sleeve shirt, a pair of shorts, a pair of pants, a hair tie, an eye mask and an overnight bag.
24. Joyaria Bamboo Pajama Set
Best bamboo pajama set for women
Calling all sweaty or hot sleepers! These pajamas are made of a delightful bamboo blend, which can help wick moisture away from your body at night. That means you’ll stay cool and dry, all throughout the night.