20 Awesome Things to Do in Miami This Summer
The best way to stay cool during a Miami summer is with a glass of chilled rosé. On a rooftop. While watching the sunset. These 20 activities—from a doughnut wine pairing to Jay-Z and Beyoncé—will keep you busy too. Here’s everything you need to do this summer.
1. Grab your pup—Coconut Grove’s Cinépolis Theater is hosting Movie Night with Your Dog, featuring an exclusive screening of Show Dogs. June 12
2. Earn a bubbly brunch at Geoffrey Zakarian’s Point Royal after completing a boot camp—style workout. Burn and Brunch will get your heart pumping with a one-hour routine on the beach, followed by flaky pastries, waffles and a split of Champagne. June 9
3. What goes with lazy pool days, picnics and dinners on the patio? A nice, crisp glass of wine. We chatted with an all-star sommelier to find the bottles you need to have on rotation this season.
4. Savor your way through Fruit and Spice Park’s annual Redland Summer Fruit Festival. You’ll get a taste of South Florida’s best exotic fruits and vegetables. June 23 and 24
5. Miami’s best doughnut shop (the Salty Donut) and the Design District’s coolest wine store (Abaco) join forces for a vino pairing event filled with doughnuts and pours of sparkling, red and rosé. June 28
6. The Lychee Summer Celebration at Schnebly Redlan
7. Hop onto Funky Buddha’s brew bus and stop at a number of Fort Lauderdale breweries. You’ll sip two beers at each location and have the opportunity for additional discounts. June 30
8. What if we told you there’s a host of free fitness classes to help you offset all that summer snacking? From running clubs to yoga, we’ve rounded up the best workouts that won’t cost you a dime.
9. There’s really nothing like getting a massage…especially when it’s 50 percent off. Throughout Spa Month, dozens of high-end spas (like the ones at the Setai Miami Beach) offer treatments priced between $109 and $139 instead of the usual $300 to $500. July 1 through August 31
10. The Wynwood Yard is hosting another round of its silent disco with Sound Off headphones. Pick your playlist and bust out your best moves until 2 a.m. July 6
11. It may not be New York, but Miami’s biggest fashion event returns in July with Swim Week. Pencil in a few shows, pool parties and late-night soirees. July 12 to 17
12. Our favorite soulful crooner who makes us feel all the feels—Sam Smith—will take the stage at American Airlines Arena. (BYO tissues.) July 14
13. There is no such thing as too much mango. At Fairchild’s International Mango and Tropical Fruit Festival, you’ll taste mangoes, cook with mangoes, talk about mangoes and maybe even leave with a mango tree of your own. July 14 and 15
14. South of Fifth is forever our go-to Miami Beach ’hood. That’s why you’ll find us eating (and drinking) our way through Fifth Street during this year’s ExperienceSoFi, a five-block dine-around adventure. July 18
15. Beginning August 1, Miami Spice takes over the Magic City, offering indulgent three-course lunches and dinners for less than $40 at some of the city’s swankiest restaurants. You have two months to visit as many eateries as possible. August 1 to September 30
16. Head to the Confidante for a National Rum Day Fest complete with live music, unlimited samplings from more than two dozen rum brands and talks with drink experts and mixologists. August 16
17. Shake those hips, ladies: Shakira is set to perform on two consecutive nights at the American Airlines Arena. August 17 and 18
18. Speaking of killer concerts, our girl Taylor Swift will be in Miami as part of her not-to-be-missed Reputation tour. Alert the group text. August 18
19. Take the afternoon off to explore one of Miami’s many secret gardens. (No, not Vizcaya or Fairchild.) From mango fields to orchid gardens, find a shady spot under a tree, bring a bottle of wine and pretend you’re miles away from the city.
20. The perfect end to summer? Spending it with Jay-Z and Beyoncé, of course. The power couple will return to Miami in August for a one-night spectacle at Hard Rock Stadium. August 31