Grab a glass of frosé, slide on a pair of strappy sandals and walk through our list of everything you need to do in the next three months. (Hint: It involves doughnuts…and pizza.)
19 Fun, Delicious and/or Instagrammable Things to Do in Miami This Summer
1. Miami’s best doughnut shop (the Salty Donut) and the Design District’s coolest wine store (Abaco) join forces for a vino pairing event filled with treats and pours of sparkling, red and rosé (a pairing we can get behind). June 6
2. Hop into a recording booth and share your favorite personal story to be part of Miami Stories, an initiative by HistoryMiami to preserve the community’s memories. Recordings will be archived at the Pérez Art Museum Miami and may be published in the Miami Herald or broadcast on the radio through WLRN. June 8
3. Don’t let a summer rainstorm get you down—wait it out with a movie at CMX in the Brickell City Centre. Take note: This isn’t just any ol’ theater. It’s equipped with a full-service bar and kitchen, luxury seating and a state-of-the-art sound system.
4. Savor your way through Fruit and Spice Park’s annual Redland Summer Fruit Festival. You’ll get a taste of South Florida’s best exotic fruits and vegetables. (Ever heard of a star cherry or a custard apple?) June 22 and 23
5. Pinot noir lovers, rejoice: Spend an evening tasting five different Sonoma varietals and nibbling on small bites. Plus, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at the winemaking process. You’re basically on your way to becoming a sommelier. June 20
6. We’re going on a food tour inside Time Out Market Miami and you should too. You’ll want to eat pizza by Norman Van Aken, snack on Suzy Batlle’s Cuban ice cream and try Jeremy Ford’s Korean barbecue.
7. Clear your schedule and plan a staycation at that fancy hotel you’ve been eyeing all year long, because Miami Hotels Months is back. Take advantage of discounted rates from June through September at some of this year’s participating properties, including the Mandarin Oriental, the Kimpton Epic, the Biltmore and even Faena. June 1 through September 30
8. The Lychee Summer Celebration at Schnebly Redland’s Winery in Homestead is back for a fourth year. Expect the event to be jam-packed with the sweet white fruit, along with live mural painting, a glow run and special-release beers from Miami Brewing Company. June 29
9. It may not be New York, but Miami’s biggest fashion event returns in July with Swim Week. Pencil in a few shows, pool parties and late-night soirees. July 11 to 16
10. There’s really nothing like getting a massage…especially when it’s majorly discounted.Throughout Spa Month, dozens of high-end spas (like the one at the Setai Miami Beach) offer treatments priced between $109 and $139 instead of the usual $300 to $500. July 1 through August 31
11. Bagel and lox towers, coconut pancakes and fruity cocktails in a made-for-Instagram space? We’re always down to try a new brunch, especially at musician Pharrell Williams’s latest restaurant, Swan.
12. Spend a blissfully air-conditioned afternoon at a cooking class at La Centrale, like a Neapolitan pizza workshop or Tarts & Pies 101. Then hit up the food hall’s second-floor gelato counter, which boasts 16 types of gelato and 80 variations of chocolates.
13. Nothing screams summer like an afternoon out on the water. Rent a boat through Boatsetter and bring the party to the bay. You’ll need to BYOB, but a captain to sail you around is part of the package.
14. There is no such thing as too much mango. At Fairchild Garden’s International Mango and Tropical Fruit Festival, you’ll taste mangoes, cook with mangoes, talk about mangoes and maybe even leave with a mango tree of your own. Save some time to explore the gorgeous grounds too. July 13 and 14
15. Did you know Miami is considered the cruise capital of the world? Sail to the most stunning destinations, all while dining on celebrity chef eats, stargazing on pool decks and indulging in spa treatments. And summer is one of the best times of year to say au revoir.
16. Three straight nights of J.Lo? Um… yes, please. The superstar will make her way to American Airlines Arena to belt out all of our favorite hits. July 25 through 27
17. Beginning August 1, Miami Spice takes over the Magic City, offering indulgent three-course lunches and dinners for less than $40 at some of the city’s swankiest restaurants. You have two months to visit as many eateries as possible. August 1 to September 30
18. El Bagel parks its food truck outside Box Elder every weekend. Yes, drinking beer at 10 a.m. in the summertime is acceptable when it’s paired with a chewy bagel crammed with smoked salmon and cream cheese.
19. Sip the yaku at Yaku by La Mar. Take in the stunning Brickell skyline while sipping a tangy Peruvian cocktail with Bacardi and mango puree. Most nights include a live DJ too. Basically, this swanky Brickell retreat is everything we could ever wish for—just look at that view.