Loaded Baked Potato ‘Chips’
Mashed. Roasted. Au gratin. We love potatoes in all forms. Add to that list this recipe for loaded baked potato “chips.” Basically, they’re mini, bite-size baked-potato slices topped with all the fixings. You can serve them on game day or at a party or as an afternoon snack.
5 medium red potatoes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup sour cream
3 tablespoons chopped chives
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice the potatoes into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Brush both sides with olive oil and arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper, and roast until they begin to turn golden brown on the base, about 15 to 20 minutes. Flip the potatoes over and roast until they are golden on the other side, 12 to 15 minutes more.
4. Remove the tray from the oven and top each piece of potato with ½ - 1 teaspoon of crumbled bacon. Top with 1 teaspoon of cheddar cheese, and then return to the oven. Bake until the potatoes are golden brown and the cheese is melted, 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Let the potatoes cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then garnish each with ½ teaspoon sour cream and ¼ teaspoon chives. Serve warm or at room temperature.