Jolly Rancher Candy Apples
The fall season wouldn’t be complete without biting into a traditional candy apple. They’re the perfect balance of sweet and sour, with just a little bit of crunch. This year, we invite you to try our modern version of this treat, made with JOLLY RANCHER candies.
2½ cups unwrapped Cherry JOLLY RANCHER candies (about 50 candies)
4 Granny Smith apples
4 pointed ice-pop sticks or thick skewers (available in craft stores)
1 cup white chocolate, melted (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Have a medium oven-safe pot ready.
2. Make the Candy: Put the unwrapped Jolly Rancher candies into the pot and then transfer the pot to the oven. Heat the candy until it’s fully liquid, 10 to 12 minutes. Do not stir the mixture unless necessary, otherwise air bubbles will form on the apples. The mixture should be fluid but removed from the heat before it begins to bubble.
3. Make the Apples: Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Remove the stems from the apples and then firmly press a stick into the center of each apple. The apple should stay on the stick when you lift it, but don’t press all the way through.
4. When the candy is fluid, remove the pot from the oven. Working quickly, one apple at a time, dip the apples into the candy mixture. You can tilt the pot as needed to ensure the apples get covered almost all the way to the top.
5. After dipping, hold the apple over the pot to let the excess drip off, 20 to 30 seconds. Place the apple on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining apples. (If the candy mixture begins to get firm, return the pot to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes.)
6. Let the apples cool completely to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes. Drizzle with the melted white chocolate, if using, and let set for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.