Royal News Roundup: Prince Harry to See ‘Lion King’ Movie, Meghan’s Next Move & More…
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of June 28, 2019.
- Prince Harry is getting ready to grace the red carpet for The Lion King U.K. premiere, according to The Daily Mail. The premiere will take place July 14, and since Disney is pledging money to African conservation efforts, a cause near and dear to Harry's heart, he will attend on behalf of The Royal Foundation. Harry will walk the red carpet alongside stars Donald Glover, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, Seth Rogen, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Billy Eichner, John Oliver and more.
- Prince William shared a rare personal Tweet about the women's World Cup, and even signed it "W." On Thursday evening, the Duke of Cambridge tweeted from the @KensingtonRoyal account: "What a performance @Lionesses, a superb display! The whole country is behind you going into Tuesday’s semi-final, bring it on! W" The Lionesses, England's female soccer team, are the first to make it through the FIFA women's World Cup semifinals.
- It's official: Archie is going to Africa. The Sussexes confirmed their royal tour of Africa will be a family affair (yes, even their 2-month-old royal baby, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, will be there) via Instagram on Thursday. The tour, set to take place this fall, will cover South Africa, Angola, Malawi and Botswana.
- The queen visited Edinburgh, Scotland, today and wore a sunny yellow dress coat and matching hat. She watched a bagpipe band performance, met students from Greenfaulds High School and was presented a bouquet from a little boy named Archie. (Coincidence? We think not.)
Where We'll See Them Next:
- Meghan Markle is set to attend Wimbledon again this year to watch her friend Serena Williams compete in the tennis tourney. The matches kick off Monday, July 1, so you better believe we'll be on the lookout for a duchess sighting.
- Kate Middleton may also attend Wimbledon next week, as she's patron of both the Lawn Tennis Association and the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. She and Markle attended the tourney last year, and she and Prince William also watched a few matches from the royal box.
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will visit Wales on Monday, July 1, for a five-day royal tour of the country. There, they'll meet with a crisis hotline charity, launch a college of nursing and name a ship. (Yes, really.)