Royal News Roundup: George & Charlotte Go Back to School, New Video from Meghan Markle & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of August 29, 2019.
- It's back-to-school season for the royals. Prince George, 6, and Princess Charlotte, 4, will start school at the same place, Thomas's Battersea, next week. This will be a very special day for Kate Middleton, too, since she missed the kids' first day of school in 2017 due to pregnancy-related sickness, according to Hello!. Reportedly, Charlotte will take French, Computing, Art, Music, Drama and Ballet, while her brother George will enroll in English, Math, Science, History, French, Art, Music, Swimming, Ballet and Games.
Yesterday, Meghan Markle posted a new video to Instagram highlighting one of the Sussexes' chosen charities for their Forces for Change initiative. The charity, called BlinkNow, provides a home and schooling to at-risk children in Nepal, and sent the Sussexes a special message, which the official @SussexRoyal account reposted.
- Prince Charles is visiting his mother Queen Elizabeth at Balmoral this week. He was spotted driving to the Scottish castle on Wednesday.
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and baby Archie reportedly dined at a pub near their home in Windsor on Sunday. Harry drank beer with his food, while Meghan sipped water and cradled baby Archie, according to a fellow pub-goer.
Where We'll See Them Next:
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will travel to Japan at the end of October for an official royal visit.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William will embark on their royal tour of Pakistan sometime this fall.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will also take an official tour this fall. The Sussexes will travel to Africa, and they're bringing baby Archie along with them.