The news was shared in a statement released by Guinness on Wednesday, May 31. The announcement featured a quote from the Queen of Country herself, who said: “I am humbled every time I receive a new Guinness World Record title...I share these three new honors with my fans, who have allowed me to enjoy such a long career.”
Dolly Parton Just Got 3 New Guinness World Records, Bringing Her Total to 10
Parton's three new records included the longest span of No.1 hits on the US Top Country Albums chart for a female artist, most studio albums released by a female country singer and most top ten entries on the US Top Country Albums chart for a female artist.
As far as studio albums go, Parton has released a whopping 65 LPs throughout her career (and that doesn't even include the forthcoming Rockstar, which is slated to be released in November). Her first No. 1 hit on the US Top Country Albums chart was New Harvest…First Gathering (1977), while her latest was A Holly Dolly Christmas in October 2020 (making the span 43 years). Of her 65 releases, 48 of them have made it into the top ten on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart.
These achievements are just the cherry on top for Dolly. As noted by the Los Angeles Times, her other seven Guinness World Records include:
- Most decades with a top 20 hit on the U.S. hot country songs chart
- Most No. 1 hits on the U.S. hot country songs chart by a female artist
- Most decades on the U.S. hot country songs chart (female)
- Most hits on the U.S. hot country songs chart by a female artist
- Longest span of No.1 hits on the U.S. hot country songs chart
- First country singer to be nominated for an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony (EGOT)
- Most Grammy nominations for a female country artist
You're always impressing us, Dolly.
Want all the latest celebrity news sent right to your inbox? Subscribe here.