It's every Potterhead's dream: Board the Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 3/4, feast in the ancient castle's dining hall and get sorted into a house all before the school year begins. Well, now you can have that experience from the comfort of any place with WiFi connection.
That's right, this summer you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry...the virtual version, that is.
Brought to you by CampCloud, a service that creates weekly digital programs to keep kids engaged all summer long, the Harry Potter O.W.L.s Camp is a week-long course that gives students the full Hogwarts experience (but BYO butterbeer). The curriculum includes Potions with Professor Snape, identifying magical plants in Herbology and even learning some of Hagrid’s tips in Care of Magical Creatures. There are even extracurriculars like Quidditch! And of course, before everything starts, you'll be sorted into houses.
Here's what else you need to know about the Harry Potter O.W.L.s Camp:
- It's intended for students ages 8 to 14
- The full schedule is here (make sure to select "Harry Potter Camp" under "Session Type")
- Class weeks start the week of June 29, 2020
- Half-day camps (1 p.m. to 4 p.m. EST) are $135
- Full-day camps (10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST) are $275
- Discounts are available—$50 off if you register two people or $100 off if you sign up for any full-day class that runs between June 29 and July 10, 2020.
Think you can pass your O.W.L.s? Just a reminder, here's the grading grid from Harry Potter:
- O - Outstanding
- E - Exceeds Expectations
- A - Acceptable
- P - Poor
- D - Dreadful
- T - Troll
And just FYI, neither Warner Brothers nor J.K. Rowling are affiliated with this class. Either way, we have a feeling this virtual class will exceed expectations.