Naming your baby is no easy task. You want to choose a name that’s unique and stands out from the crowd, but you also don’t want to give your future offspring a moniker that’s so out there that it will get them teased on the playground (and have to go through the process of changing it, a la Amy Schumer). So, what’s a parent-to-be to do? Look to the stars, of course. Here, a list of adorable baby names according to their zodiac sign.
The Best Baby Names for Every Zodiac Sign￼
1. Aries (March 21 to April 19)
Main characteristics: spontaneous, energetic, ambitious, confident leaders, motivated
- Andrea: The feminine version of Andrew which means “strong” and “brave.”
- Bernadette: A French/German name meaning “brave as a bear.”
- Egan: An Irish Gaelic male name meaning “little fire”. (If you’ve ever run into an Aries you know this makes perfect sense.)
- Isa: A unique and gender-neutral name with German origins that means “strong-willed”—but let’s hope that this doesn’t apply to bedtime.
2. Taurus (April 20 to May 20)
Main characteristics: stubborn, strong-willed, hardworking, dependable, loyal
- Liam: An Irish name that means “strong-willed warrior.”
- Amelia: This melodic moniker means “hardworking” or “industrious.”
- Millicent: Meaning “work” or “strong,” we bet you won’t find many other Millicents in your kid’s class.
- Dustin. A variant of the Old Norse Torsten, which means Thor’s stone.(So yeah, pretty strong.)
3. Gemini (May 21 to June 20)
Main characteristics: flexible, youthful, chatty, clever, extroverted, indecisive
- Juno: A trendy gender-neutral name that means “June” in Spanish.
- Julia: Short and sweet, Julia is of Latin origin and means “youthful.”
- Diesel: A modern moniker that symbolizes virility and speed… and just sounds plain cool.
- Ilaria: This one's perfect for your cheerful and happy little babe, since that's exactly what this name means.
4. Cancer (June 21 to July 22)
Main characteristics: emotional, kind, caring, nurturing
- Adela: Not to be confused with Adele (though they have similar meanings), this Christian name means “nobility,” “noble kind,” “softer.”
- Anna: Meaning “gracious” and “merciful,” no wonder this Hebrew name is quite popular.
- Hamlet: As in “little home” and not at all like the Shakespeare play.
- Henry: As the homeliest of all the signs, this French name meaning “house ruler” is almost too on the nose.
5. Leo (July 23 to August 22)
Main characteristics: compassionate, natural leadership, driven, prideful, loyal
- Leo: Derived from the Latin word for lion, Leo is also a Hebrew name meaning “brave” or “brave people.”
- Fideline: This rare moniker is a French virtue name meaning "loyal.”
- Amandla: A common Zulu or Xhosa female name meaning “power,” to represent the most intimidating animal in the zodiac.
- Simba: After the fiery little cub in The Lion King. It’s also a Shona name meaning strength.
6. Virgo (August 23 to September 22)
Main characteristics: humble, practical, problem-solvers, sympathetic
- Virginia: Germanic name meaning “maiden” or “virgin,” apropos for the innocent maidens of the zodiac.
- Beyoncé: After the most famous Virgo of all time.
- Ezra: Because these earth signs are never out of solutions, try this boy name which means “help” or “helper” is quite befitting.
- Canaan: A Hebrew name meaning "subdue" or "humble."
7. Libra (September 23 to October 21)
Main characteristics: extroverted, friendly, cheery, people-pleaser, fair
- Daniel: A coy nod to the scales that symbolize these air signs, Daniel is a Hebrew name meaning “God is my judge.”
- Frederica: Keeping those scales of justice in mind, this female version of Frederick means “peaceful ruler.”
- Alaia: Sweet and simple, meaning joyful, happy.
- Finnegan: Come on, how cute does “baby Finnegan” sound? The Gaelic name means “fair.”
8. Scorpio (October 22 to November 21)
Main characteristics: determined, secretive, intuitive, loyal, ambitious, power hungry
- Autumn: Sure, this name symbolizing the season under which Scorpio falls may be a little obvious, but it’s also darn cute.
- Alexander: These water signs are known to be protective of their loved ones. Consider this Latin moniker meaning “defender of men”.
- Mars: The ruling planet of Scorpio. Symbolizing action, power, movement. You know, typical Scorpio vibes.
- Bridget: This cool Irish name means “power,” “vigor” or “exalted one.”
9. Sagittarius (November 22 to December 21)
Main characteristics: adventurous, open-minded, easy-going, friendly, smart, assertive
- Barbara: For our little explorers, this Christian name of Greek origin meaning “traveler from a foreign land” is the perfect fit.
- Beatrice: Again, because these fire signs don’t fancy being in one place for too long, this Christian name meaning “voyager” is quite appropriate.
- Archer: The symbol for Sagittarius, which also means “bowman.”
- Artemis: This unisex name comes from the Greek goddess of hunting, archery, and the moon, not to mention how fitting it is for these oft resourceful fire signs.
10. Capricorn (December 22 to January 19)
Main characteristics: ambitious, patient, practical, grounded, hard-working, driven
- Capri: A short but powerful name which is not just a derivative of the sign itself, but it’s also an Italian island (fancy) and means wild boar or goat.
- Hermione: You may think this is just a made-up name from Harry Potter, but this moniker is actually derived from the Greek name Hermes which means “messenger” or “earthly.”
- Winter: After the season Capricorn falls under.
- Janus. The Greek god of beginnings, transitions, time, passages and endings, AKA the perfect moniker for the babes born in January.
11. Aquarius (January 20 to February 18)
Main characteristics: innovative, big-picture thinkers, optimistic, self-reliant, humanitarian
- Genevieve: If it sounds kind of old school, that’s because it is. But in the best way possible, this sweet moniker is an old French name meaning “woman of the people.”
- Anthony: Because your baby is like no other, christen them with this name meaning “priceless one” or “highly praiseworthy.”
- Mila: A Slavic name meaning “loved by the people.” Hey, just look at Mila Kunis.
- Sasha. Because Aquarians are all about bettering humanity, consider this unisex name meaning “defender” or “helper of mankind.”
12. Pisces (February 19 to March 20)
Main characteristics: emotionally intelligent, empathetic, artistic, imaginative, artistic
- Finn: Because Pisces are symbolized by fish…get it?
- Pearl: Keeping in theme with these water signs, give your baby girl this adorable name meaning “precious gemstone.”
- Apollo: These water signs are quite the artists (Lupita Nyong’o, Rihanna, Michelangelo) so why not name your bebe after the Greek god of music, poetry, healing, sun and light?
- Dylan: We don’t mean to harp on the water aspect of things, but this now common name has a pretty cool meaning: “son of the sea.”