18 Creative Names for Grandparents That Aren't Grandma and Grandpa
There are options, people
So your in-laws took Grandma and Grandpa and now your parents are scratching their heads trying to figure out what they should be called. Don’t worry: There are tons of adorable names they can totally adopt. Here, some of our favorite creative names for grandparents.
1. Baba and BabuGeorgian for "grandma" and "grandpa."
2. Bubbe and Zayde
Yiddish, oy vey.
3. Babcia and Dziadziu
From our Polish pals. (Pronounced bop-cha and ja-jee.)
4. NanaEasy to pronounce for the little ones.
5. Nani and Nana
The maternal grandparent names in Hindi.
6. Dadi and Dada
And the paternal ones (yep, no confused kids here).
7. Nonna and Nonno
8. GigiOr “GG” when she’s signing off on birthday cards.
Fitting for how adored she is in the fam.
One of your baby’s first words—right after Mama, of course.
11. Poppa G
Aka the original gangsta of the family.
12. PopsieFor the granddad who has a twinkle in his eye.
He don’t stop.
Well, that’s just dandy.
15. Lola and Lolo
From our Filipino friends.
16. Oma and OpaGerman for "grandma" and "grandpa."
Short for Abuela.
Also goes by Gams.