As a celebrity, we would imagine that you could get into pretty much any party, right? Well, if you’re Ryan Seacrest, apparently not. The American Idol host was denied entry to Jennifer Lopez’s 50th birthday bash in Miami over the weekend—even after he RSVPed.
No, we’re not kidding. During Thursday’s episode of Live with Kelly and Ryan, the 44-year-old opened up about the experience, from when he first received his invitation, to when the bouncer told him his name wasn’t on the list.
“She sent me an invitation and I was like, ‘Wow, I got a direct invitation,' but the catch was, it was in Miami. So I committed, but I didn’t read the small print,” he said. Seacrest needed to be in New York early Thursday morning for the show, but since he had already RSVPed, he followed through and flew down for the celebration.
He arrived at the party a little past 7 p.m. for dinner (he was one of the first to arrive).
“I get to the front...proud, beaming, smiling,” he recalled. “And [the guy] has a list and I see there are a bunch of Ryans and he says, ‘Well, you’re not on the list.'” Umm, ouch.
Absolutely confused, he asked to see the list and sure enough, no Ryan S. “There’s Ryan T. and Ryan Z., there’s no Ryan Seacrest.”
Luckily for him, the man made a quick phone call and Seacrest was eventually let into the party. However, because he had to fly back to New York, he was only able to stay for half the dinner and missed the entire rest of the celebration.
First the Oscars, now J.Lo’s party? Poor Ryan (but we love the commitment).