Who says SoCal doesn’t have seasons? From racing across a flower-filled trail to popping on a new flower-print frock, here’s what you need to know this spring. (First up: the much-hyped arrival of a certain legendary pastry.)
26 Ways to Celebrate Spring in Los Angeles
1. Flaky croissant layers rich with flavored cream: The much-imitated but never equaled Cronut is now available at Dominique Ansel Bakery at the Grove. Want to skip the long lines? Order ahead online.
2. Feel super-insidery with a ticket to the live reading of the Black List-endorsed comedic drama script That Kind of War, starring Patton Oswalt.
3. Shop spring florals at the Milly pop-up inside Fred Segal (use the excuse that wedding season’s coming up).
4. On March 24, scoop up enviable decor on the cheap at the Billings Auction, a decorators’ secret that’s the brainchild of a few of the best antiques dealers in town.
5. Cherry blossoms are going off at Descanso Gardens, and you need to visit the Japanese garden to get as pink as possible. We recommend the free tours at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. every weekend through April.
6. Beauty influencers and social media junkies will overrun the L.A. Convention Center at Ipsy Gen Beauty on March 24 to 25. Be assured, there will be gift bags.
7. Grab your favorite foodie and book it to San Pedro for a tour of the just-opened museum of food and cocktails.
8. There’s a brand new (and sparkly) Infinity Room from Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama on permanent display at the Broad museum. Go see it while you’re visiting to see the Jasper Johns retrospective, on through May 13.