Welp, today sucked. Everything that could go wrong did. But instead of crawling under the covers and writing it off as a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day, here are 23 quick pick-me-ups that are guaranteed to turn things around. If you need us, we’ll be making five-minute cake-batter fro-yo.
23 Little Pick-Me-Ups for When You're Having the Worst Day Ever
1. Watch a few funny cat videos on YouTube--they’re scientifically proven to banish stress. (Here’s our favorite to get you started.)
2. Make a chocolate-chip cookie in a mug in the microwave and eat the whole thing.
3. Sneak cinnamon into your coffee (yep, it works for iced coffee, too).
4. When you’re stressed, you hold tension in your neck. Sit up straight and turn your head slowly to the left and right until it melts away.
5. Give yourself an avocado facial. It’s cheap, hydrates your skin and tastes delicious.
6. Make rosé slushies. Trust us: It’s impossible to feel sad when you’re sipping one.
7. Drop some F-bombs. People who curse tend to have a higher tolerance for pain than people who don’t.
8. Massage those kinks on the arch of your foot with a tennis ball. Ahhh…
9. …And while you’re at it, give yourself a relaxing hand massage, too.
10. Use the genius Bullet Journaling technique to get your life in order. Priorities, people.
11. Start planning your next beach vacation…even if it’s not for another few years.
12. Make pizza muffins and eat all of them in one sitting. We won’t judge.
13. Get cozy under the covers and start a (preferably upbeat) new novel.
14. Watch this tap-dancing Prince tribute…and mayyyybe try out some of the moves in your living room.
15. Buy yourself flowers (and cut and arrange them like a pro).
16. Make cake-batter frozen yogurt--it takes five minutes and you don’t even need an ice cream maker.
17. Follow Reese Witherspoon on Snapchat (her username is “snapsbyreese”). It’s the best thing you’ll do all day.
18. Read your horoscope. Your cheese horoscope, that is.
19. Buy some hardy houseplants that are basically unkillable to give your living room a green makeover.
20. Speaking of green, experiment with a new veggie cocktail. Chili mango martinis, anyone?
21. DIY some easy, minimalist nail art (or if you’re really artistically challenged, leave it to the pros).
22. Make (and eat) Champagne gummy bears in pretty pastel colors.
23. Drink some tart cherry juice before bed and have the best night’s sleep ever.