Hear ye, hear ye: Apple just announced that the iPhone 6S (and 6S Plus) will officially hit shelves on September 25 (available for pre-order in just a few days).
Here, the five things you need to know about the latest marketing ploy model.
1. Instead of just swiping, you can “peek” and “pop” with 3D Touch.
The new pressure-sensitive technology means you can preview an email, a link--even your Instagram feed--with a gentle touch before you “pop” it open for full display.
2. You can now take “live” photos.
Basically, your camera will automatically capture the moments before and after you snap a pic, turning it into a Vine-like video with a single tap.
3. The camera is allegedly way better.
Hello, 12 megapixels (50 percent more than the iPhone 6).
4. There’s now a front-facing flash.
And it uses Retina display to make your selfies less dark and grainy.
5. It’s available in rose gold.