If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to French fries, turn to these easy sweet potato wedges. They’re seasoned with fennel, coriander and cumin seeds, and then baked in the oven until crispy. Serve ‘em up with a side of homemade California Avocado aioli and a drizzle of sweet honey.
Sweet Potato Wedges with California Avocado Aioli
½ teaspoon fennel seeds
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons honey, divided
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 ripe, fresh California Avocado, pitted and peeled
½ cup grapeseed oil
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In mortar and pestle or spice grinder, grind the fennel, cumin and coriander seeds until coarse.
3. Arrange the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with the olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey, the ground spices, salt and pepper, tossing to coat. Roast until the sweet potatoes are tender all the way through and crisp at the edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, Make the Aioli: In a blender, add the California Avocado, grapeseed oil, egg yolks, mustard, vinegar and garlic, and blend until creamy and thick.
5. To serve, arrange the sweet potato wedges on a plate, drizzle with the aioli and the remaining tablespoon of honey and garnish with the chives.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.