Homemade crispy sweet potato fries with a side of creamy garlic sauce? Sign us up. After baking the fries in the oven, Cheyenne Singh (@cheysingh) makes the tasty sauce by blending Heinz Mayonnaise, minced garlic and lime juice until creamy. Tip: Double the recipe for the sauce because you’ll want to have extra on hand.
Spiced Sweet Potato Fries with a Creamy Garlic Sauce
Sweet Potato Fries
3 sweet potatoes, peeled
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 cup Heinz Mayonnaise
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
4 garlic cloves
Juice of 1 lime
1. Make the fries: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut each sweet potato into into ¼- to ½-inch sticks. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to chill for about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
3. In a clean, dry bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne until well coated. Spread into a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the fries from the oven and sprinkle with the rosemary. Flip the fries over and bake until crisp, 15 to 20 minutes more.
5. Make the sauce: Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, garlic and lime juice and blend until creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
6. To serve, garnish the fries with the parsley and serve with the creamy garlic sauce.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.