For a quick and easy weeknight dinner, we love these stuffed peppers that take only 45 minutes to make. They’re filled with a mixture of Seeds of Change Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice, roasted oyster mushrooms, spinach, garlic and fresh thyme. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese for an extra bit of flavor.
Roasted Mushroom Stuffed Peppers
2 packages Seeds of Change Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice
2 cups spinach
2 cups oyster mushrooms, broken into pieces (from about 2 large mushrooms)
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 medium bell peppers, halved and hollowed out to make 6 halves
⅓ cup grated Parmesan, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the spinach in a large bowl and set aside. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a baking dish large enough to hold the peppers.
2. Toss the mushrooms with the remaining ¼ cup olive oil, the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Roast until golden and slightly crisped, 10 to 12 minutes. transfer to the bowl with the spinach. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
3. While the mushrooms are cooking, prepare a steamer basket with a lid. Bring about an inch of water to a boil and steam the peppers for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Prepare the Quinoa Brown Rice with Garlic according to the package instructions. While still hot, transfer the rice to the bowl with the mushrooms and spinach, tossing to combine and wilting the spinach.
5. Transfer the steamed peppers to the prepared baking dish and coat the exteriors in the oil. Distribute the rice mixture evenly between the peppers. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until peppers have softened a bit more and wrinkled slightly, and the mushrooms on top are browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.