Some nights, you want to spend three hours cooking dinner from scratch. This is not one of those nights. So our friends at Weeknight Society, a cooking app for super busy people, have the perfect solution: one-pot orecchiette ragu. It’s ready in 30 minutes, and there’s only one dish to do. Total win.
One-Pot Orecchiette Ragu
1 pound Italian pork sausage
1 cup chopped red onion
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
3 cups chopped dino kale
1 pound dry orecchiette pasta
6 ounces tomato paste
1. In a large saucepan (at least 4 quarts), cook the sausage until browned. Remove from pan, reserving the rendered fat of the sausage.
2. In the same pan, cook the onion, garlic, celery and carrot in the rendered sausage fat until the vegetables are slightly softened.
3. Add the kale and cook until softened.
4. Add the tomato paste and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil. Return the sausage to the pan and add the noodles.
5. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.