Sweet potatoes, we’ll never grow tired of you. Not only are you loaded with protein, fiber and vitamins, you’re also undeniably delicious. And because you’re potatoes—aka the most versatile and beloved starch around—there are endless ways to enjoy you, from burgers to grilled cheese. Here, 35 healthy sweet potato recipes that are as wholesome as they are tasty.
35 Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes That Never Get Old
1. Sweet Potato And Black Bean Tacos With Blue Cheese Crema
2. Sweet Potato Noodles With Almond Sauce
Meet swoodles: They’re nutritious, yet decadent like regular pasta. And this creamy rendition will only take you 20 minutes to whip up.
3. Overstuffed Sweet Potatoes With Chipotle-lime Yogurt
Sure, you can serve these baked beauties as a side for grilled chicken. But they’re actually filling and impressive enough to take centerstage.
4. Cauliflower Sweet Potato Burgers
You’ve been burned by dry veggie burgers before. Luckily, these are ultra-moist, thanks to sweet potatoes and cauliflower rice. The smashed avocado and spicy mayo don’t hurt either.
5. Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Because fries should never be off the table, no matter your diet. Pass the ketchup, please.
6. Waffle Iron Sweet Potato Hash Browns
Brace yourself: Brunch at your place is about to get an epic upgrade.
7. Sweet Potato Gnocchi In Herbed White Wine Sauce
You’re only five ingredients away from these itty-bitty pillows of cheesy goodness. All that's missing is a glass of vino.
8. Sweet Potato Rösti With Fried Eggs And Greens
9. Buffalo-stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Did you know baked potatoes can last up to five days in the fridge? Just a 15-minute stint in the oven before serving and they’re ready to devour. Hello, meal prep.
10. Sweet Potato Crostini
Bread takes a back seat to make way for everyone's favorite spud. Just choose your topping: smoked salmon on whipped cream cheese or dried cranberries and almonds over crème fraîche.
11. Quiche With Gluten-free Sweet Potato Crust
Crispy, cheesy, low-carb and oh so chic. Did we mention it's gluten-free and loaded with veggies like kale and leeks?
12. Charred Sweet Potatoes With Pistachio-chili Pesto
Fresh herbs, citrus juice, jalapeños and goat cheese bring this autumn side to life. It'll pair well with steak, chicken and pork chops alike.
13. Sweet Potato, Tomato, Kale And Halloumi Sheet Tray
Maximum flavor, minimum clean-up. Serve with crusty bread or green salad and let your guests help themselves to the goodies on the sheet pan.
14. Sweet Potato Hummus
With 3 grams of protein in every two-tablespoon serving, this might just be one of the healthiest midnight snacks you can eat.
15. Sweet Potato, Bacon And Broccoli Egg Muffins
Breakfast for a crowd has never been so easy. P.S.: These muffins would make a great second home for any sad-looking veggies in your crisper drawer.
16. Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Sriracha And Lime
In a word, epic. But you can make them even better with this super easy yogurt sauce that only calls for three ingredients.
17. Lemon-roasted Potatoes, Chicken And Spinach With Tzatziki
Caesar? We don’t know her. This hearty make-ahead salad can be vegetarian if you trade chicken for chickpeas or beans.
18. Creamy Thai Carrot Sweet Potato Soup
Mix up this year’s Thanksgiving menu with ingredients like red curry paste, fresh ginger and tamari-roasted almonds.
19. Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
If you’re one of those people who hates on marshmallow-topped sweet potato dishes (these sugar cookies will change your mind, BTW), this is the holiday alternative you’ve been waiting for.
20. Vegetarian Chili
One-pot meals never get old. And this one’s loaded with sweet potatoes, corn, chickpeas and black beans. Skip the sour cream and boom, it's vegan.
21. Skillet Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
Even your picky kids won’t be able to complain about this stick-to-your-ribs main course.
22. Sweet Potato Granola
23. Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Curry
Eight ingredients and 30 minutes stand between you and the ultimate cold-weather comfort food. Serve with basmati rice and plenty of warm naan.
24. Sweet Potato And Kale Grilled Cheese
25. Charred Sweet Potato And Steak Taco Bowl
26. Spicy Bbq Sweet Potato Chips
These crunchy bites blow store-bought chips out of the water. Skip the frying and bake them instead for a low-fat spin.
27. Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadilla
Even carnivores (and kids) won’t be able to turn their noses up at this smoky lunchtime masterpiece.
28. Sweet Potato, Corn And Black Bean Enchiladas
29. Roasted Sweet Potato And Bacon Open-faced Sandwich With Herbed Ricotta
Bye, sad desk lunch. Salty, savory bacon is just the match for chive-kissed ricotta cheese and crisp-yet-tender sweet potatoes.
30. 30-minute Breakfast Hash With Kale And Sweet Potatoes
This recipe is ridiculously flexible. Feel free to swap any hearty green in for kale, like spinach, and go wild with your favorite shredded cheese for a decadent finishing touch.
31. Oven-roasted Sweet Potatoes With Crispy Chickpeas And Yogurt Sauce
A side dish so well-balanced that it can double as an entree all its own. Pro tip: Don't line the baking sheet, so the sweet potatoes can caramelize as much as possible.
32. Sweet Potato Chili With Turkey And Black Beans
Cold winter nights don't stand a chance against this cozy one-pot gem. Use any beans you have on hand, or substitute ground beef or chicken for turkey.
33. Spicy Sweet Potato Tacos
You only need 20 minutes to pull these handhelds together. You can also use the filling in burritos, quesadillas or grilled cheese sandwiches instead of taco shells.
34. Sweet Potato Salad
The quintessential summer side just got an autumnal makeover. Think cranberries, pecans and maple-mayo dressing.
35. Sweet Potato Wedges With California Avocado Aioli
Loaded with fennel seeds, coriander and cumin, these steak fries are far from boring. Don't even get us started on the beyond-buttery avocado aioli.
For even more great recipes, check out our first cookbook, Only the Good Stuff.