The side dish of our dreams? It definitely involves Brussels sprouts and cheese. So naturally, we adore Katie Workman’s recipe for Brussels sprouts three ways from The Mom 100. Roasted, pickled and raw shaved Brussels (with plenty of shaved Parmesan, of course) is a combo made in heaven.
For more tips, tricks and recipes from Katie Workman, check out her website, The Mom 100, and her exclusive interview on The Coterie.
The Creamiest Brussels Sprouts in the Universe
1½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
½ recipe pickled Brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
¼ cup minced scallions (white and green parts)
1 Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Make the Brussels Sprouts: Cut all of the Brussels sprouts in half, through the stem. Very thinly, as thinly as you can, slice about ⅓ of the halved Brussels sprouts. Set the slivered Brussels sprouts aside.
3. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the halved Brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and toss with the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until tender and browned in spots, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, roughly chop the Pickled Brussels Sprouts.
5. Make the Dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and honey. Mix in the scallions; season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the slivered Brussels sprouts to the dressing and toss well to combine. Add the roasted Brussels sprouts and toss again. Transfer to a serving platter with the pickled Brussels sprouts and top with the Pecorino.