Blueberries, meet cornbread. Cornbread, meet streusel. Now that we have introductions out of the way, we can get to enjoying these tender, sweet blueberry streusel corn muffins. They’re moist, packed with fruit and just sweet enough—worlds away from the dry, sad muffins sold at that coffee chain down the street.
Blueberry Streusel Corn Muffins
¼ cup all-purpose flour
Pinch kosher salt
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
4 tablespoons cold butter, diced
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
1½ cups milk
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 pint (about 2 cups) blueberries, washed and picked over
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Make the streusel: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and brown sugar. Add the butter, tossing to coat. Using your fingertips, cut the butter into the flour until it’s about the size of peas; squeeze the streusel in your hands to create crumbs. Set aside.
3. Make the muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter and eggs. Using a silicone spatula, mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling to the top. Sprinkle each muffin with some of the streusel. Transfer to the oven and bake until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool the muffins in the tin for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.