1. Make the croutons: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, toss the bread with the garlic, olive oil, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss until the bread is well coated.
3. Transfer the croutons to the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake until golden brown and dry, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool completely.
4. Make the dressing: In a blender, pulse the cheese, water, garlic, vinegar and chives until fully pureed. With the blender running, gradually add the oils until the mixture is thick and emulsified, 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. To serve, divide the baby kale evenly among the plates, then top with a few tablespoons of dressing and a handful of croutons.