Royal News Roundup: Prince George and Princess Charlotte Embrace the Nautical Trend, Meghan Markle's Birthday Cake & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of August 8, 2019.
- New photos of Prince George and Princess Charlotte, along with Kate Middleton and Prince William are here. They show the Cambridges at the annual King's Cup Regatta sailing competition. While 6-year-old Prince George (who's missing his two front teeth) and 4-year-old Princess Charlotte (who's already wearing Ralph Lauren, we have a little fashionista on our hands, people) took the nautical theme to heart, mom Kate won most fashionable skipper with her striped Sandro top and wide-leg L.K. Bennett sailor pants.
- Happy birthday, Princess Beatrice! (Or should we say, BeaBea?) The granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth turned 31 today, and was honored with a few Instagram tributes from the royal family. Our favorite: when younger sis Princess Eugenie revealed her nickname for Beatrice.
- Meghan Markle's birthday was last week, and we just found out that the duchess received a very special surprise from a local bakery. Markle, who turned 38 on August 4, was sent a birthday cake from Luminary Bakery. The duchess mentioned them in her guest-edited issue of British Vogue as one of her favorite bakeshops due to their philanthropic work and "damn good cakes."
- Queen Elizabeth is officially on holiday, and arrived at her summer home of Balmoral in Scotland dressed to impress, according to People. She wore a light blue jacket with black buttons, skirt and hat with floral detail to kick off her vacay.
Where We'll See Them Next:
- Kate Middleton and Prince William will embark on their royal tour of Pakistan sometime this fall.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will also take an official tour this fall. The Sussexes will travel to Africa, and they're officially bringing baby Archie along with them.