Royal News Roundup: Kate & William's Next Joint Appearance, Princess Beatrice Hiring News & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of July 12, 2019.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton will make their next joint appearance in just two days at the Wimbledon men's singles finals on Sunday, July 14. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge also attended the men's finals match last year, and will sit in the royal box at centre court again on Sunday.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are getting ready to grace the red carpet for The Lion King U.K. premiere on Sunday, July 14. On Thursday, Buckingham Palace confirmed the duchess would walk the red carpet (her first in five months) alongside her husband. Harry and Meghan are planning to meet the cast beforehand, aka we might just get a Beyoncé-Markle photo. (*Preps for Internet meltdown*)
- Princess Beatrice reportedly hired a team of new stylists, specifically a duo, and is quickly becoming one of the next royal fashion icons to watch. Since wearing a lace Self Portrait dress to second cousin Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding in May, the granddaughter of the queen has strutted through royal events in a deluge of sartorial excellence, and it's all thanks to socialite Lady Emily Compton and her business partner, fashion writer Olivia Buckingham, according to Vanity Fair.
- Earlier this week, we saw the first-ever Cambridge-Sussex public family outing. Kate, George, Charlotte, Louis and Meghan and Archie all attended Harry and William's charity polo match on Wednesday, and Meghan and Harry even recreated their famous polo-match kiss.
- On Wednesday, a 22-year-old intruder broke into Buckingham Palace while Queen Elizabeth was sleeping there. The man climbed over the palace gates but was arrested shortly after, according to ITV's Jonathan Swain.
- Harry, Meghan and Archie will soon embark on their first big family trip, and it's to Scotland. The queen has invited the family of three to her Scottish castle of Balmoral for a summer vacay, and is reportedly throwing a birthday party for the duchess on August 4.
Where We'll See Them Next:
- Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton will attend the Wimbledon women's singles finals on Saturday, July 14.
- Middleton, as patron of both the Lawn Tennis Association and the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, and Prince William will watch the men's singles finals from the royal box on Sunday, July 14.
- Markle and Prince Harry will walk The Lion King premiere red carpet in London on Sunday, July 14, alongside stars Beyoncé, Donald Glover, Seth Rogan, Billy Eichner and more.