- Kate Middleton and Prince William officially arrived in Pakistan for their five-day royal tour. On Monday, the 37-year-old Duchess of Cambridge and 37-year-old Prince William touched down in Islamabad to begin a series of engagements surrounding topics like environmental conservation, national security, arts, culture, female empowerment and issues faced by Pakistani youth.
- Princess Eugenie posted a sweet tribute video to her hubby, Jack Brooksbank, in honor of their first anniversary. “This was the greatest day of my life…forever and always!” Eugenie captioned the Instagram post. “Happy one year anniversary, my Jack!!”
Royal News Roundup: Kate and William’s Tour of Pakistan, Princess Eugenie’s Anniversary & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of October 17, 2019.
- Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands attended an official wreath-laying ceremony at the Gandhi Monument this week in New Delhi, India, and went shoe-less for the event. (We’re assuming as a sign of respect for the holy ground of the monument). While there, they also paid an additional tribute to the iconic political ethicist’s monument by sprinkling handfuls of vibrant pink flower petals over his memorial.
- During day two of their tour, Kate Middleton and Prince William began with a visit to a school in central Islamabad, where they chatted with students from local institutes about the Teach for Pakistan program. At one point of the visit, Prince William opened up about mom Princess Diana with students.
- The couple later attended a special reception hosted by Thomas Drew—the British High Commissioner—at the Pakistan National Monument. The duchess stepped out of the tuk tuk (a three-wheeled automobile) in a glittering green dress by Jenny Packham while her husband opted for a traditional sherwani by Naushemian.
- On Wednesday, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stepped out for their first royal engagement since returning from their tour of Africa. The 38-year-old Duchess of Sussex arrived at the WellChild Awards, in a truly memorable ensemble—the exact same frock she wore when she and the 35-year-old Duke of Sussex announced their engagement.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge continued their tour by surprising residents at SOS Children’s Village, to celebrate the birthdays of three children. They later went on to visit the Badshahi mosque, which holds a special place in the couple’s hearts, since Princess Diana visited the same place when she toured Pakistan in 1991.
Where We'll See Them Next:
Queen Elizabeth will give a reception at Buckingham Palace to mark the work of The Queen's Trust today.
Queen Elizabeth will attend a reception to commemorate the 60th anniversary of Cruse Bereavement Care on October 21.
Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will travel to Japan at the end of October for an official royal visit.