Royal News Roundup: Charlotte and George's School Photos, Meghan's Clothing Collection & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of September 5, 2019.
- Prince George, 6, and Princess Charlotte, 4, started school today at the $23,000-per-year Thomas's Battersea, and we have the first photos and videos. It was Charlotte's first day at the school, where she joins her older brother for his third year. Charlotte was "very excited" as she practiced her signature wave for the cameras and played with her ponytail while she met the head of the lower schools, Helen Haslem. George played a little more coy, probably because he's used to the ol' dog and pony show. For the special occasion, mom Kate Middleton re-wore a MICHAEL Michael Kors floral midi dress she previously wore to Harry and Meghan's wedding rehearsal last year, and debuted a brand-new haircut and color. Charlotte Cambridge, as she'll be known at school, added a sparkly unicorn keychain to her backpack.
Meghan Markle's maternity leave is already almost over. According to The Sun’s royal reporter Emily Andrews, “Duchess Meghan will launch her new clothes line, in collaboration with Jigsaw, John Lewis and Partners, Marks and Spencer & pal Misha Nonoo, next Thursday 12 Sept to support her patronage Smart Works." The duchess will attend the launch and give a speech about the capsule collection.
- Meghan also just released her birthday thank-you cards, including a photo from her and Prince Harry's royal tour of Oceania. The duchess's birthday was on August 4, and the palace sent thank-yous to those who sent her a birthday card, according to People.
Where We'll See Them Next:
- Prince William will visit the Hendon Football Club on September 6.
- Prince Harry will attend an Invictus Games reception on September 10.
- Meghan Markle will attend the launch event of her new Smart Works clothing collection on September 12.
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will travel to Japan at the end of October for an official royal visit.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William will embark on their royal tour of Pakistan sometime this fall.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will also take an official tour this fall. The Sussexes will travel to Africa, and they're bringing baby Archie along with them.