Royal Twitter Roundup: the 11 Best Royal Tweets of the Week
HERE, ALL THE ROYAL TWEETS YOU NEED TO READ FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 30, 2020.
1. Sophie, Countess Of Wessex, Looked Casual Volunteering At A Charity Shop
While visiting Shooting Star Children's Hospices, which cares for children and young adults with life-altering conditions, Sophie even helped steam a toddler dress.
2. Queen Elizabeth Gave A Rare Personal Statement For Armed Forces Day
It’s not often that Her Majesty makes a personal statement, but her royal highness did just that on Saturday with a sincere thank you on the @theroyalfamily account.
“Today provides an opportunity for thanks, and a recognition of the dedication and risks faced by those serving our nation. We also have cause to thank veterans, who continue to contribute to our way of life, long after they leave the Armed Forces.”
3. Kate Middleton Helped Plant A Sensory Garden
To mark the end of Children's Hospice Week, the Duchess of Cambridge paid a visit to the Nook center in Norfolk, where she helped plant a sensory garden and met with staff from East Anglia Children’s Hospices to thank them for their continued work during the current pandemic. Thankfully, both photos and videos were shared on multiple twitter accounts.
4. Princess Anne Made Her Podcast Debut
The royal family retweeted the new episode of the Westminster Abbey podcast featuring a recorded reading from Princess Anne in honor of St. Peters Day.
5. Camilla Parker Bowles Discussed Domestic Abuse
“I just want all these people to know that they are not alone and that there is help there,” the Duchess of Cornwall said in a video clip shot from her home.
6. Prince William Met With Oxford Scientists To Discuss The Pandemic
Kensington Royal shared photos of the Duke of Cambridge learning about the vaccines the university has developed (peep his PPE).
7. The Royal Family Shared A Video Collage For Armed Forces Day
We’re talking throwback shots of the entire royal gang, including (at 0:14 seconds) a young Queen Elizabeth in uniform.
8. Princess Anne Was Given An Award...virtually
The Princess Royal was presented with the Regimental Medal of The King’s Royal Hussars (sounds fancy) and gave her acceptance speech via video chat—which was definitely an interesting sight to see.
9. Kate Middleton Narrated A Short Film
You read that correctly. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge retweeted the short film, Wimbledon Recreated, on their personal account.
10. New Photos Were Shared Of Prince Edward Visiting A Courtroom
The Earl of Wessex learned about how the justice system has continued to operate during lockdown. Not to mention, we got a sneak peek at one of the judges in the background, whose headpiece made us feel like we were going back in time.
11. Queen Elizabeth Honored What Would Have Been The Ceremony Of The Keys
This year’s ceremony was canceled. So, Her Majesty used the occasion to share throwback photos from past years’ events.