Royal News Roundup: Princess Eugenie Announces Pregnancy, Kate Middleton Breaks Protocol & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of January 26, 2023.
- Princess Eugenie announced that she’s expecting her second child with her husband, Jack Brooksbank. The royal posted a photo on Instagram of her 1-year-old son, August, kissing her growing baby bump.
- After the news broke, proud grandma Sarah Ferguson celebrated the pregnancy announcement by sharing a sweet photo of herself embracing her daughter.
- The baby’s birth will slightly affect the British line of succession. While the key players will keep their place, some royals—like Prince Edward and his kids—will be knocked down one spot.
- Prince Edward honored the first recipient of the Production Guild’s Earl of Wessex Award. According to social media, the award was designed to “recognize those in the U.K. film and high-end TV industry.”
- The royal family finally shared details about King Charles’s coronation weekend, which will include a massive concert, a volunteer event and more.
- During a visit to Windsor Foodshare, the Princess of Wales wore an eye-catching red coat with black pants. (Click here for details on how to get the look.)
- For the outing, the royal swapped her signature beachy waves for a voluminous blowout.
- When Princess Catherine stopped by the Foxcubs Nursery in Luton, she broke a royal rule by taking a selfie with a group of women.
- The Princess of Wales hosted an event at Windsor Castle with experts who specialize in early childhood development. The royal wore a pair of pearl earrings that paid tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth.
- Princess Diana’s brother, Charles Spencer, shared a portrait of their mother, Frances Shand Kydd, on Instagram. And we can’t get over how much Lady Di resembled her.
- On the latest episode of Celeb Bites, PureWow creator Juliette taught viewers how to make a brand-new recipe: Meghan Markle’s spaghetti alla chitarra.
- Princess Anne recently met with The King’s Royal Hussars, who are currently deployed in Estonia. The Princess Royal learned more about their mission: Operation CABRIT.
- Camilla Parker Bowles spent time in Bath and Lacock to celebrate The Royal Osteoporosis Society’s new offices. The royal family shared a slideshow of photos on Instagram to document the special occasion.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.