Royal News Roundup: Prince Harry Attends the Super Bowl, Queen Displays Rare Family Photo & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 17, 2022.
- Prince Harry and his cousin, Princess Eugenie, made a surprise appearance at the 2022 Super Bowl. The pair were spotted at SoFi Stadium, where they watched the Los Angeles Rams defeat the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Shortly after the game, Mickey Guyton (who sang the National Anthem) posted a photo of herself and Prince Harry in a VIP suite. She wrote, “I met Prince Harry. He was just lovely. I even curtsied in my track suit.”
- Based on the photo, it seems Prince Harry has returned to his classic hairstyle, which he trimmed earlier this month. The royal sported a noticeably longer cut that appeared to be styled with pomade.
- According to body language expert Darren Stanton (on behalf of Betfair Casino), Prince Harry seemed “so much more relaxed” than previous appearances.
- The Los Angeles Rams posted a series of photos on the team’s official Twitter account. The pics show Prince Harry visiting the Rams’ locker room, where he came face-to-face with the Super Bowl trophy.
- At the start of Children’s Mental Health Week, Kate Middleton showcased her bedtime story skills and read a tale from her own childhood, titled The Owl Who Was Afraid Of The Dark, on the children’s television program CBeebies Bedtime Stories.
- Queen Elizabeth hosted a special reception at Windsor Castle and offered a rare glimpse of her office, where she displayed a never-before-seen family photo. The pic features Her Majesty posing with her great-grandchildren as she holds Zara Tindall’s son, Lucas (11 months).
- The royal family shared a rare pic of the queen’s grandfather, King George V, who reigned from 1910 until his death in 1936. The throwback was posted to the family’s Instagram Story in honor of World Radio Day.
- Princess Eugenie shared not one, but two brand-new photos in honor of August’s birthday. One shows the royal and her husband, Jack Brooksbank, posing with August on a snow-covered mountain, while the other features the 1-year-old wearing a name tag affixed to his back that says, “Hello, my name is August.”
- Last week, Camilla Parker Bowles attended a reception at the British Museum alongside her husband, Prince Charles. The Duchess of Cornwall wore a green velvet dress with gorgeous, paisley-like stitching across the fabric.
- Clarence House announced that Prince Charles has postponed his upcoming trips to Newport and Swansea “due to the dangers posed by Storm Eunice.”
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.