- Last week, Meghan Markle returned to her native California (for business) with Prince Harry by her side. The couple visited Stanford University in Palo Alto to attend a brainstorming session among professors, academics and, apparently, royals.
- On Friday, Markle posted the TBT video from when she guest edited British Vogue, where they explain how the Forces For Change issue came to be. In the video, editor-in-chief Edward Enninful recalls arriving at Kensington Palace to meet with the duchess to discuss her Smart Works collection and whether he might be interested in letting her guest edit an issue.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were all smiles as they were spotted arriving in Canada on Friday (Valentine’s Day). For the outing, Harry looked comfy in a sweater and baseball cap, while Meghan opted for a blue button-down shirt, black cardigan and black jeans.
Royal News Roundup: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Last Day as Royals, Buckingham Palace’s Makeover & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 20, 2020.
- On Sunday, the royal family’s official Instagram account shared a video giving fans a behind-the-scenes look at Buckingham Palace’s newest project in the East Wing's Yellow Drawing Room. Perhaps the most interesting part? The wallpaper. Yes, we're serious.
- In a new interview on the Happy Mum, Happy Baby podcast, hosted by bestselling author Giovanna Fletcher, Kate Middleton discussed her love for the outdoors and the importance of being in nature with your children. She even shared a never-before-seen photo of Princess Charlotte.
- A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced on Wednesday that the couple will formally and officially step down from duties on March 31.
- New details have been released about their upcoming U.K. visit and it almost seems like Harry is going on a royal tour of his own home country. People confirmed with a royal spokesperson quite a bit of information in regards to the duo’s royal exit, including a list of official engagements they’ll be attending in the U.K. in the upcoming weeks.
Want to know more about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s big announcement?
- Here’s how it impacts the line of succession
- Will Prince Harry & Meghan Markle keep their titles?
- The secret loophole hidden in Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s royal exit deal
- What happens to their Buckingham Palace office?
Where We’ll See Them Next:
The Prince of Wales will visit the National Automotive Innovation Center on Tuesday, February 18. He’ll also open the new Aston Martin Lagonda Factory and visit the British Airways Maintenance Centre on Friday, February 21.
Prince Harry will team up with Jon Bon Jovi at a recording session in the U.K. for a re-recording of his song “Unbroken” with the Invictus Games Choir on Friday, February 28.
Meghan Markle & Prince Harry will attend the Endeavour Fund Awards in the U.K. on March 5.
Queen Elizabeth will visit Cheshire on March 19.
Shop Kate Middleton-Inspired Fashion:
More Stories You'll Love
This 106-Year-Old Woman Just Became the Oldest 'Vogue' Cover Model Ever
Jennifer Coolidge Referenced Her Iconic ‘White Lotus’ Character at GLAAD Awards: ‘Here I Am Again, Surrounded by Gays’
Kaley Cuoco Welcomes Baby Girl and Gives Us Our First Glimpse at Her Bundle of Joy
King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla Share Personal Message of Thanks Following State Visit to Germany
Drew Barrymore Experiences ‘First Perimenopause Hot Flash’ During a Live Interview—See Her Reaction
Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton Wears Chic Blazer, King Charles Receives New Title & More